Chapter-43

I was in my room working on Pixel's AI, when I heard someone knocking at my door. I called them in, and the door opened for me to see Himeko coming inside.

"Himeko-sensei, do you need something?" I asked as I finished some of Pixel's core codes.

"Can't I see my students unless I need something?" Himeko asked back in a somewhat stern tone.

"No! That's not what-" I hastily turned around to deny, but stopped when I saw a smirk on her face. "That's not funny..." I said with a little pout.

"For you it's not." Himeko said and I felt this line being painfully familiar. "Anyway. Theresa and I are going to see the parade tomorrow, and I wanted you to come with us. What do you think?" she asked me.

"..." I was about to instantly answer, but then I raised my arm, showing Himeko the ESM on my wrist. "I would like to go, but I'm not too sure how safe it is for me to go out. I think it would be for the best if I stay here, in the base..." I said, trying to hide my disappointment.

"Then let's ask Dr.Einstein." Himeko said casually, like I'm not a ticking nuclear bomb. "Your condition should be stable enough to go somewhere nearby and have some fun. And if something were to happen, we can quickly come back, before anything happens."

Seeing her insisting, I couldn't deny anymore and accepted her invitation. I was happy to spend time going out with Himeko and Theresa, but I was feeling a little uneasy. At this point in time, Domination already began to use AE's mech to ruin their reputation, so the chances of us running on some corrupted mechs wasn't low. Shaking those thoughts off, I got up and went with Himeko to ask for Einstein's opinion.

At first, she was completely against the idea of me leaving the base, but after pausing for a second, she reluctantly gave her permission and warned me about things I should avoid. I knew Einstein wouldn't change her mind so easily, unless there was a good reason behind it. (I wonder what that good reason was.)

Keeping that thought to myself, I left the Lab. to finish working at Pixel before I started my afternoon training.

The next day

I was about halfway through my training with Welt, when someone knocked at the door. I dispersed my powers and put back my eye lenses, and Welt called them in. The one knocking at the door was none other than our deadly bunny.

"Mr.Yang, Bronya has come for the daily training." Bronya said, as she walked in and noticed me, giving Welt a questioning look.

"Good. Today's training will be mostly the same, with the only difference being that Anastasia will join you." Welt explained. At this point, I started glaring at him.

"Mr. Welt, would you mind explaining to me what exactly is happening? In case you don't remember, I have an important appointment later today, and I don't plan on missing it due to any accident," I said in a slightly threatening tone.

"Don't worry, Anastasia. Einstein and I made sure that the risks of something happening would be as low as possible." Welt tried to reassure me, but I wasn't feeling ready to be near any new active Herrscher Authority.

"But..." I wanted to protest, but stopped as I realized something. (If I were to meet any puppet of Domination and have a bad reaction, that would put a lot of people in danger. But if I do this now...) I sighed and glanced at Bronya, who was just observing things from the sidelines, before turning back to Welt. "Alright. But, does she know?"

"No. I was about to explain after she arrived, and after you had calmed down." Welt said with an impassive expression.

"Is there something the Bronya should know about subject Ana?" Bronya finally asked.