Chapter-47

"Diana, you dumbass," Diana muttered to herself as she sat in Einstein Lab with Einstein, Himeko, Theresa and Tesla as a hologram, cursing herself after finding out what actually happened last night.

As Einstein said, last night, Diana had an outburst. Taking the form of the Authority of Void, the outburst created a space-time distortion that resulted in the simulation room being completely destroyed and the surrounding rooms being severely damaged.

At that time, Kiana was the first to find her. She saw Diana in the middle of what remained of the simulation room, Diana was on her knees as she was holding her head with tears flowing down her face and Honkai corruption covering parts of her body.

Kiana called for help and tried to approach Diana, but because of the energy radiating off of Diana's body, she couldn't get too close. But Kiana caught a glance of Diana's face, a glance that sent shivers down her spine. Diana had an expression of terror, her soulless eyes glowing dark blue with strangely familiar black star shaped pupils.

"-at that moment, it seems that the Honkai energy inside your body has stabilized... Temporarily, that is." Einstein said, catching Diana's attention, leaving her self-blaming thoughts for later. "Compared with your state last night, your current condition seems like a huge improvement on the outside. However, on the inside, the corrosion left by the outburst is worsening your health by the hour." she said, glancing at Tesla for a moment, before turning to everyone. "Normally, we would just remove the cause of the corrosion and then slowly help her heal her body as much as possible."

"Normally?" Himeko asked.

"There's a 'but', isn't it?" Diana asked in a monotone tone, already expecting something like this. (Why is there always a 'but'? Couldn't we get a straight solution from the start at least this time?)

"Unfortunately, yes." Einstein nodded. "The implant inside you is by no means a core. That thigh is more like a crystallized mix of Honkai energy that was refined and molded in the form only resembling a 'Honkai Gem'. Made as a fuel source for your ability to mimic a Herrscher's authority. If it was really a core or at least a gem, we would've take the risk and tried to take it out, stopping before the moment your life would be in danger. But- " (Here it is...) Diana thought before resuming to listen to Einstein. "-since the implant wasn't a gem or core in the first place, and seeing the data in files of the implant we collected last night, we noticed that it forcefully mutated itself into something only similar of a Herrcher core. A very unstable one at that."

"Diana, for most of your life, you were in a deep sleep in the capsule you were made in, without contact with the outside. Theoretically, you are barely over one and a half years old." Tesla continued, silently shifting our attention to her. "Because of that, your constitution is extremely fragile compared even to a normal human. Every time you passed out or suddenly got sick, it meant that your undeveloped immune system simply gave up. Thankfully, over time, your constitution toughened itself. But even so, your Honkai resistance is still very fragile. If Mophead tries to remove the implant now, it will only guarantee in your death." she finished before massaging her forehead to ease the headache from the recent numerous troubles.

"..." hearing those words, the room fell into silence. However, that silence didn't last long.

"This time..." a murmur was heard. "there needs to be something we can do, right?" Theresa was the first on to speak. "Dr.Einstein, Dr.Tesla, please, is there can we do, something, anything?" she pleaded. This situation brought too much of a 'deja vu' for her.

"Theresa's right. Maybe last time was too late for us to do anything to save Kiana, leading to Mei's awakening into the Herrscher of Thunder and her joining the World Serpent to save Kiana." Himeko explained for the obvious person who wasn't suppose to know those events, since she wasn't there. "But unlike Kiana, Diana's corrosion in only in it's early stages, right?" she said, but before she could continue, Einstein cut in.