CH 13: Special Outing

Kosuke woke up the next morning more refreshed than he's been all week. He looked at the time; it was 6:30 AM. After brushing his teeth, he grabs his joggers and starts on his morning run. 

He went by his usual spot on the beach. The ocean water shimmered as the early morning rays struck them. Kosuke walked down the pier and to the shore, stopping just before the ocean water. He basked in the morning light, letting the warm sun hit his skin, taking it all in. 

After a deep breath and one last look at the picturesque scene, he approached the stairs leading back up to continue his run when he heard a familiar voice in the distance. 

"Kosuke!" 

He turns to see Izuku running at him, waving his arm to get his attention. Kosuke smiles as he turns back from the pier and starts toward his green-haired friend. 

Izuku stops just before Kouske; he looks confused, "What are you doing here? Do you come down here to jog too?" 

"I figured you would've known already, seeing as you've seen me here before," he says, recalling a week prior.

Kosuke chuckles, "I'm still unsure why you hid from me that day. Am I that scary?" He teases the now flustered boy.

"Y-YOU SAW ME!?!" Izuku shouts in surprise. 

"Quite easily." Kosuke gestures to his wavy green hair, "The rock was just a bit too small to cover your hair. It was quite humourous seeing you try and be stealthy." He chuckles.

Izuku regains his composure and gives him a shy smile, "Well, I was here to meet All Might and stuff. When I saw you, I kinda panicked. Sorry about that." 

"So that was All Might speeding past me that morning."

"Were you the one to clean up this beach?" Kosuke inquires.

"Huh? Oh yeah, that was part of my training from All Might. I had to clean the beach alone... it was pretty grueling, but it helped me prepare for... you know, the quirk transfer." He finishes with a whisper. 

Kosuke widens his eyes, "You cleared all that by yourself?" He smiles, "That's truly incredible! I figured it was community service, but to think it was you all this time..." He trails off as he looks back toward the beach.

He looks back to Izukuk, "No wonder you have such a good physic. Moving all that trash would have been quite the workout."

The green boy flushes slightly, "U-Uh, well yeah, It worked all my muscles depending on what I was lifting so..." He mutters quickly.

Kosuke glances at his phone, checking the time; it reads '8:17 AM'. Despite wanting to stay and talk with Izuku more, he wanted to get home to prepare for their outing later.

"So, are you excited about the sports festival?" Izuku abruptly asks, snapping Kosuke out of his thoughts. 

"Hmm? Oh yes! I'm very much looking forward to it!" He raises his fist, tightening it with resolve, "I've watched the Sports Festival ever since I was a child, and to be a part of it is such a surreal moment."

Izuku rubs his neck, "I know what you mean. I was the same. I used to watch it with my Mom all the time." He stares out into the morning horizon, sharing a similar resolve, "It's crazy to think that I'll be in it this year; I'm kinda nervous, honestly. All those amazing heroes watching our every move is intimidating, to say the least... but I'm going to do my best and give it everything I got!" He finishes looking back at his friend with determination.

Kosuke grins at Izuku's resolute expression and matches it with his own. 

"I was curious, Kosuke. I overheard Kirishima say something about you both training together sometime soon. Would it be alright if I joined? -If it's okay with you and Kirishima that is!"