Chapter One

You woke up to the blaring of your alarm clock. It was early. Even after all your years of serving in the military, you never quite got into the 'morning person' spirit. You turned the alarm off, and begrudgingly crawled out of bed.

You began to get ready for the day, pulling your hair up. You began to get dressed. You had a habit of wearing all black. It was your comfort color. Some people speculate that may be one of the reasons that your code name was Noir. You would never confirm this, as you liked the mystery behind your code name.

You chugged your coffee, and reported for duty. You weren't aware of an upcoming mission, so you were just going to train today. You walked into the mess hall of the base, making yourself a cup of coffee. You turned, waving and acknowledging the other members of the team who were present.

"Morning, sunshine. Never get tired of that coffee huh?" Soap chuckled. The team knew you were notoriously not a morning person.

You rolled your eyes in a joking manner. "Yeah, yeah. It's good enough. Keeps me such a pleasant person in the morning, aren't you all lucky?" You chucked.

You went to sit down. There was an empty chair between Ghost and König, so you took a seat. You were close with them both, although Ghost was a man of few words. You smiled at them anyways, not really able to tell if they were smiling back due to the masks.

"Do we have any debriefs or missions to worry about today? Or am I going to be best friends with the training center today?"

Soap shook his head. "No missions at the moment, so I hope you were looking forward to training. You need a partner?" Soap asked. You weren't sure if you were imagining it, but you could almost feel someone's eyes on you. You tried to ignore it.

"Ah. Thanks soap. But you're too short. You're almost my height." This was an obvious joke, soap was about a foot taller than you. You looked over to König. "Hey, how about we train today? I've always wanted to fight someone literally twice my size." You figured it would be a good opportunity. He probably had a lot to teach you.

König nodded. You couldn't tell for sure, but you were pretty sure he was smiling under that mask of his. "Sure, Noir. I'd be happy to." You nodded, downing your coffee. If you were going to be training with König today, you needed to prepare a little bit. He did tower over you.

"Ok. Good, I'll meet you in the training center in a bit. Don't miss me too much." You teased. You were a bit of a natural flirt. Ghost chuckled. "Running from training already? To do what love?" You chuckled and shook your head as you started to walk away. "Wouldn't you like to know Ghost? Mind your own." You winked at him before finally turning to leave. You could feel König's eyes on you as you left.

You went back to your room, changing into some clothes that were a little more well worn. You expected this training to be intense. You really wanted to work on getting out of tricky situations today. You could use the practice. You weren't quite sure what you would do if someone of his size had you pinned, or in a compromising position.

As you changed, you already began to strategize for the training. He really did tower above you. You were short, around 5'2, and he was by far the tallest member of the team, he had to be around 6'6 or something around there. You would have to get creative.

You found your mind wandering a bit. You weren't sure if you had ever even been that close to someone that tall before. 'I could literally climb him. He's huge.' You thought to yourself, before you dismissed the thought. It felt weird. You wondered why you were thinking such a thing?

You figured it was just pure curiosity. Although you and König were close, you didn't actually know a whole lot about him. Besides the fact that he was really good at his job.

You straightened up, adjusting your clothes. You get some of your tactical gear on, grabbing your favorite knives. You really wanted to focus on hand to hand combat today, so this would be perfect.

You take one last look in the mirror before you leave. You don't spend a lot of time looking in the mirror, it makes you feel vulnerable. You don't like what you see.

You sigh, and look away. You walked out of the room. It was time to start the training. You walked to the training center, mentally preparing yourself for the session ahead.