Can't wait to be queen

Lionesses sun themselves on rocks as (Y/n) races by. She stops on a ledge where Sarabi is sleeping. Across from her, Sarafina bathes Simba. "Hey, Simba." (Y/n) said. "Hi, (Y/n)." He said. "Come on, I just heard about this great place." (Y/n) said, whispering, with one paw shielding her mouth. "I can't (Y/n). Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a bath." (Y/n) glowers. "And it's time for yours." (Y/n) tries to escape, but Sarabi snatches her up in her jaws, deposits her in her lap, and starts licking her. (Y/n) struggles to get away. "Hey! you're messing up my fur." Sarabi smiles down at her affectionately. (Y/n) jumps out of her lap and smoothes down her fur. "Okay, okay. I'm clean. Can we go now?" She asked. Simba lies on his back while Sarafina bathes his rump and sides. "So, where are we going? It better not be any place dumb." He said. (Y/n) approaches him. "No. It's really cool." She said. "So, where is this "really cool" place?" Sarabi asked, and (Y/n) flinches. "Oh." She turns around and smiles brightly. "Uh...around the water hole." She said, and Simba scoffs. "The water hole?! What's so great about the water hole?" He asked. (Y/n) smiles innocently at the lioness before turning on Simba. "I'll show you when we get there." She growled. 

"Oh." Simba said, taking the hint. "Oh. Uh, Mom?" Simba sits up. "Can I go with (Y/n)?" He asked. "Hmm. What do you think, Sarabi?" Sarafina asked. "Well..." she said. Simba and (Y/n) walk up to Sarabi, grinning exaggeratedly. "Please?" They asked. "It's all right with me." Sarabi said. Simba and (Y/n) bound away excitedly. "Yeah!" (Y/n) said. "All right!" Simba said. "As long as Zazu goes with you." Sarabi said. Simba and (Y/n) pull up short in dismay. "No, not Zazu!" (Y/n) said. Simba and (Y/n) follow a dirt trail to the water hole, with Zazu flying overhead. "Step lively. The sooner we get to the water hole, the sooner we can leave." Zazu said. "So, where are we really going?" Simba whispered. "An elephant graveyard." (Y/n) whispered back. "Wow!" Simba said, and (Y/n) shushed him. "Zazu." She warned. "Right. So, how are we gonna ditch the dodo?" Simba whispered. "Oh, I know how we can..." Zazu notices the cubs talking in low voices. He swoops down to join them. "Oh, just look at you two. Little seeds of romance blossoming in the savanna." Simba and (Y/n) exchange bored looks. Zazu bows. "Your parents will be thrilled, what with your being betrothed and all." He said. Simba tilts his head. "Be-what?" He asked. "Betrothed. Intended. Affianced." Zazu said. Simba and (Y/n) exchange confused looks. (Y/n) leans forward.

"Meaning?" She asked. "One day, you two are going to be married!" Zazu said. Zazu grabs his sides like he's holding on to his coat lapels. Simba sticks out his tongue. "Yuck!" He said. "Ewww!" (Y/n) said. Simba ducks down to Zazu's level. Zazu crosses his wings huffily. "I can't marry her. She's my friend." He said. (Y/n) ducks down on Zazu's other side. "Yeah, it'd be so weird." She agreed. "Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but you two turtle doves have no choice." Zazu walks off, gesturing dramatically. Simba mouths, "blah, blah, blah," behind Zazu's back. "It's a tradition going back generations." Zazu said. "Well, when I'm queen, that'll be the first thing to go." (Y/n) winks at Simba. "Not so long as I'm around." Zazu said. (Y/n) strides up to Zazu. "Well, in that case, you're fired." She snarked. "Hmm. Nice try, but only the queen can do that." Zazu pokes (Y/n)'s nose. Simba strides up to join (Y/n). "Well, she's the future queen." He said. "Yeah. So you have to do what I tell you." (Y/n) thumps Zazu's chest. 

Zazu puts his wings on his hips. "Not yet, I don't. And with an attitude like that," he gestures flippantly. Simba and (Y/n) walk away. "I'm afraid you're shaping up to be a pretty pathetic queen indeed." He said. (Y/n) looks over her shoulder at Zazu. "Hmph. Not the way I see it." (Y/n) pounces at Zazu. The landscape around her takes on a surrealist look, with bright colors and geometric shapes. "I'm gonna be a mighty queen, " (Y/n) advances on Zazu, who backs away. "So, enemies, beware!" (Y/n) nudges Zazu with her head, so forcefully that Zazu flips over a log. Zazu's back end gets stuck in a hole in the log. "Well, I've never seen a queen of beasts." Zazu jumps free. "With quite so little hair." "I'm gonna be the main event," birds fly away from a red-leafed bush as (Y/n) forces her head through. "Llike no queen was before." (Y/n) climbs up the log. "I'm brushin' up on lookin' down." (Y/n) strikes an arrogant pose. "I'm workin' on my roar!" (Y/n) roars into Zazu's face, causing him to fall backward into a mud puddle. Zazu stumbles forward, covered in mud. "Thus far, a rather uninspiring thing."