Chapter 5

"Lens, pinapatawag ka sa taas" Grace spoke not too loudly, making Leni turn her back to look at her. "Saan?" She asked grabbing her documents and pen. "Kay Sir. Marcos, twelfth floor." Grace replied, beaming.

"Sige, thank you" she softly replied making her way to the elevator. After pressing the button, the elevator doors opened for her. She went inside and pressed the twelfth floor.

"M-marcos... sinong Marcos? Eh yung babae lang kilala ko..." she scratched the side of her face in confusion as to where she is about to go.

She didn't think twice but enter a door where she heard Risa, her friend was in.

"Hello po." she shyly greeted looking at the man who was sitting on his swivel chair. "Oh! You're here na pala. Sit down Leonor I have something to tell you." He said politely, looking at Leonor from her head down to her toes.

"Sir, mauna na po ako." Risa bid her goodbye leaving the two alone at his office. "So i was about to say... I wa-" Ferdinand was about to say something when a woman barged inside his office. To his surprise, It was only Sara. His friend that has a liking on him.

"Hello babe!!!" Sara squealed like a kid, saying hi to him. Leni didn't mind the couple who was enjoying their time on talking to each other. She just sat there, in front of his table. Waiting.

Leonor couldn't help it but feel jealous, Even to her Boss whom she didn't know well

Leonor couldn't help it but feel jealous, Even to her Boss whom she didn't know well. She wanted to feel that too, the hugging, the assurances and etc. She felt like a grown woman just trying to live her life while trying to escape her parents.

"Kamusta ka na my friend my crush my future?" Sara uttered, not minding Leni who was sitting in front of her. "Okay lang. May gusto na" He said, pretending he is already seeing someone to make her stop with the talking.

"Ay.. okay!" Her tone went from a happy lady buying her first car to a tone of a kid who lost her pet. "Oo nga pala..." - "Uwi nako bong ha! Ikaw din! Ingat ka mamaya pag kauwi" Sara said, leaving him a kiss on his cheeks. "Sir kaano ano niyo po siya?" Leni hastily asked, being nosy about the suspicious girl.

"Kaibigan ko, Leonor." He responded cheerfully. "Bakit niyo po pala ako pinatawag Sir?" Leni inquired, her eyes just looking at the documents. "Well Leonor, hindi naman talaga ako ganto sa iba... Pero ikaw... iba ka eh, for you... I want you to be my secretary." He said firmly not shifting his gaze at the lady. "Po? Secretary? P-promote po as your Secretary sir?" She responded breathlessly as for her it wasn't really good news.

She didn't care If she ever got promoted to being a Secretary or even being a C.E.O. What she did care about, is her finally leaving her parents without them stopping her. She just nodded meaning she's accepted the offer while fidgeting with her pen.

"Thank you Lord" he said to himself being grateful at what just happened as he also started smiling at Leonor who seemed occupied doing some few tricks with her pen. "Alis na po ako Sir. Thank you po talaga." She replied coldly, not looking into his face. "Ay!" Her files of documents scattered on the floor as she bent so she can pick it, Martin then entered the room at the wrong timing.

"Yan pre! Yan yung sinasabi kong babae... yung Hot! Sarap niya siguro galawin, couz!" He said whispering seriously, not looking at his cousins face who got annoyed at what he said. Looking at the bent Leonor, Martin felt almost arousing. "Alis na po talaga ako Sir. Sorry po and Thank you again." She uttered almost whispering, "Wait, Leonor!" he stopped her. "Can you please put this on the stock room? Which is behind you" he commanded giving her a well ironed blazer.

"I see nakausap mo na si Leni!" Martin exclaimed tapping his back in excitement. "Leni?" He asked. "Ah oo, my Girlfriend calls her that. Actually mga close friends niya lang. masyado kasi akong feelingero" he jested sitting on the sofa beside him.

"Couz, punyeta magpalinis ka nga dito sa office mo! Ang lagkit sobra!" Martin demanded as he felt icky while sitting on that sofa.

"Sige, pero next year pa" Ferdinand responded, fully remembering what happened last night with Leonor.

"Bakit next year pa?!" He exclaimed. "Pag na fuck mo yan Bongets for sure swak na swak ka. I've heard virgin pa yan eh... so very tight pa" Martin whispered low, as he was still checking the woman out.

"Sir... alis na po ako... Lunch period na po." she bid her last goodbye. "Hatid na kita sa labas, Leonor" he insisted as they both leave Martin in there.

As they reached the second floor, the elevator door opened for them revealing the dining hall. "Sir thank you po talaga" She thanked his boss, still not looking at the guy as if she had no plans on looking at his face until the day she dies.

"Wala yun, ikaw naman eh" he responded trying to hold her waist from the back.

That simple gesture made the whole cafeteria observe them. Some were mad, some were jealous... and then there was Leni's friends who was waiting for her.

"Malandi talaga tong si Leonor... Inaagaw sakin ang crush ko" one said despising the scene that just occurred.

"Malamang, papatol yan sa boss kasi mayaman ang boss" some laughed.

"True ka diyan!" Some even blurted out making sure she can't hear their conversation.

"Sir! Sabay na po kayo samin" Nancy insisted leaving a space for him; which is beside her. (Nancy)
"Sige salamat nalang sa offer, mauna na kayong kumain. Babalikan ko pa kasi si Martin." He said walking out of the cafeteria as he winked at Risa.

"Sayang naman, umusog pako para iwan niya lang tayo..." Nancy babbled, softly mewling since if he had said yes, that will be the first time that Nancy will be spending her time with him.

"Naku tumahimik na kayo. Nagugutom na ko" Cynthia butted in.

Leni saw what happened after her boss accompanied her there, She saw how he winked at Risa. And she also saw how she winked back. She wasn't making it a big deal, she just felt lost. Lost because her friend tells her everything.

"May tinatago ba sakin si Risa?" She thought taking her first bite of her meal.

"Tahimik mo naman Marecakes" Cynthia blurted out handing her a small tea packet.

"Oo nga my friend" Pia asked also.

"Ha? Ineenjoy ko lang pagkain ko! Nuba kayo!" She replied almost telling them the good news.

"Guys..." Leonor muttered, excited to tell them what happened on their boss' office.

"Baket marecakes?"

"napano my friend?"

"Ano nangyari, Lens?"

"Hala beh ano?"

"napano ka teh?"

Her friends asked being worried.

"Pn-promote ako ni ni Sir marcos as his secretary!" Na realized ko mas mapapabilis ako maka-alis sa bahay.

She explained, her friends not reacting anything to it as they still don't want her doing dumb decisions she will regret in the end.

"Mga beh, balik na ko dun medyo nahihilo ako eh.. nakakain naman na ako... inom nalang ako meds" she said before leaving her friends.

"Grabe... sobrang sakit naman ng ulo ko... Hindi naman kasi ako lasingera..." She uttered to herself not noticing she went inside someone else's office as she was really having a headache. She didn't mind looking anywhere anymore, she sat on the table and rested her head until she doze off to sleep.