Beauty and Bruises

~Jayy’s POV!~

I followed Drake out of the pizza place called Giovanni's Pizza Palace. He was searching for someone who I was assuming was Dahvie and Scar. After not too long we found a huge group of people crowded into a big circle. What was going on inside was a mystery to me but obviously Drake needed to know.

He grabbed my hand once again and dragged me through the huge crowd of people, all the way to the center. When we got to there my eyes grew wide with fear and anger. Dahvie was lying on the floor with a bloody nose, eyes closed, arms starting to bruise, and his collar was ripped.

Anger and fear crept into my body. Something I couldn't control... Anger just took over me like a rush of waves over loose rocks.

It took control over my whole body and I couldn't stop what I was doing. I found the guy that beat up Dahvie and took him down! I punched him in the gut and then dead center in the nose. I heard a crunch when my fist collided with his face and blood gushed from his nose. Ha! I broke the fucker’s nose! He totally deserved it. He hurt my Dahv. No one touches my Dahv.

I did make the mistake and looked back at Drake and Dahv and regretted the whole thing. Dahv was covered in blood now and Drake's hands were covered in Dahvie blood. The sight was heart breaking.

"Okay. Any other fuckers wanna mess with my friends?!" I yelled in rage. Everyone backed away and went to do their own things, hurrying away from the bloody mess called my best friend.

I ran over to them and Drake had managed to stop most of the bleeding. Dahv's arms were extremely bruised and his lips were swollen and covered in drying blood.

"Did anyone call an ambulance?" I asked squatting down by Dahvie's other arm.

"I did." Scar said from behind me.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I said standing up and engulfing her in a hug.

"It was a reaction"

"I'm glad it was a reaction."

"Yeah, me too."

I turned around and found the EMTs taking Dahvie away on the gurney and Drake was on his way over. Probably to talk to me about riding in the ambulance.

"Who's going in?" he asked.

I looked at Scar then back at Drake. "Scar should."

"Are you sure Jayy? I mean... You are his bes-"

"You're going. No exceptions. Done."

"Okay." She said walking off towards the ambulance.

"That was nice of you. She needed that Jayy. And you don't know how much."

"He's gonna be okay. He is..."

"Can you see the future?"

"No. Just a hunch." I said grabbing Drake's arm and heading out to his car. Everyone else just stared at us and gave us dirty looks.

"Come on people! Grow the fuck up!" I yelled.

When we got to his car I opened the passenger side door for him and he handed me his keys. I closed his door and got in the drivers side, putting the keys in the ignition and driving out of the parking lot. Believe it or not, the hospital was on the other side of the city. Drake and I hardly spoke on the way there. And when we got there Scar was already in his room.

"Scar?" Drake asked, "He's gonna be okay."

"How do you-"

"Don't talk like that. He'll be fine."

"Let's give her some more time." I said grabbing Drake's hand and leading him out of the room. To be quite honest, my hand went all tingly and a flock of butterflies hit me in the chest.

Instead of going to his car, I led him down the street. Still holding his hand. It made me think about Drake. He's shy and timid. But he doesn't seem that way around Scar. I want to get to know him but the question is if he'll let me do so. Maybe if I just try to be friends first...

"Where are we going?"

"I have no clue."

"Well, that's inviting..."

"My best friend just got mauled, you really think I know where I'm going?"

"Insane?"

"Been there done that."

"Ice cream? There's a Cherry Berry a couple of blocks that way." He said pointing down the road.

"That's frozen yogurt smart one.."

"Well, sorry."

Drake was right. After about ten minutes we ran into a Cherry Berry. We went inside and Drake got a cup and ran straight for the vanilla. I grabbed one and followed. When we were done we paid and sat down by the window. 

"So," Drake said with a mouthful of frozen yogurt, "What now?"

"I have something to tell you.."

"Shoot." he said shoving another spoonful of yogurt in his mouth.

"Drake..." I hesitated, wondering if I should even tell him..

"Yeah? Spit it out man."

"I like you."