III

"Dearest, don't you think it is time for marriage?" Princess Haeyoung looked toward her daughter who had sighed for the unknown amount of time.

The Queen had began to lose count at the amount of times her parents had brought up marriage. Which was a bit ironic because they had were the same people preventing her from having even a single acquaintance.

Minjeong tilted her head side to side, her mind elsewhere. "What is the rush? You push everyone you deem unfit away anyways." The brunette grumbled as she tried to keep her rash tone toward her mother to a minimum.

It wasn't always easy arguing with her mother. Sometimes, their arguments lasted long, to the point where the brunette would storm off and wish to scream in frustration. They had been arguing for as long as she could remember and only was it now that she had stop bawling due to her mother's stubborn self.

Princess Haeyoung scoffed in response. "Because they are indeed not fit for you. I want my children to have lasting marriages. It'll save me money if there are less weddings I have to worry about." She responded sternly.

Minjeong wasn't quite listening, her lips curling upwards at the thought of a certain raven. "Whatever. It will come when it comes. It is my decision after all." Her eyes noticed the disapproving look her mother gave her but she happily ignored it.

Nothing could ruin her mood on a lovely day.

Her mother let out a noise that sounded too much like a snort. Minjeong had become all too used to it.

They had arrived at the Uchinaga's estate for a ball. Nobody had expected the royal family to visit as social engagements were a little of hassle for the brunette, or rather they were too busy to attend any outside the ones they hosted.

"Your royal highnesses, Prince Beomgyu, Prince Junpyo, Princess Haeyoung and Princess Hana!" A guard introduced the Kim family and everyone had turned toward the direction.

"Your Majesty, Queen Minjeong!"

Minjeong immediately heard hushed whispers about her appearance knowing that she had never attended social events during her newly short reign. Although, being that the Uchinaga's were close friends of her family, they all agreed to attend in the end.

As everyone began bowing and curtsying, Minjeong fought the urge to roll her eyes. As they did, Minjeong pressed her lips together and looked around the room. She knew she'd have to dance but she had no partner. She could look around the room to for someone to dance with or she would have to wait for someone to ask for dance.

She did not like either options.