Mysterious Max

I watched as eugene placed down the speaker for the cv and emd his conversation.

"who's that" i said walkin up the steps and plopping down on the floor.

"oh shit-it-it's a um...." he started as he quickly threw a sheet over the radio.

It was badly hid but then he quickly spun around and leant on his elbow, trying to block my view of it.

"wha-what's what?" he said awkwardly.

I gave him awkward/confused smile.

"ok, so your not gonna tell me are you? "

"shit" he swore as he turned back around and put his head in his hands, "how much did you hear?"

"i heard everything" i spoke with wide eyes and i dragged out the word 'everything'.

"y-you cant tell anybody, if she finds out i told anyone, she will probaly kill me" he spoke in a whisperer.

"she's gonna kill you.... Over the.. Radio?"

"affermative" he nodded.

"wow, how smart is she?"

He just shrugged.

"maybie she knows a cure, maybie she can fix this if we all risk our lives to take her to washington DC" i spoke, recalling the events of the past few years.

"your never gonna let that go are you?" he laughed slightly.

"no!" i laughed while trying to speak seriously, "eug, you led us on a wild goose chase all accross freakin america, you lied, you got our hopes up, but its fine. It's in the past now, anyway, tell me about this girl"

"well, her name's maxine, max for short, she and i have so much on common, she sounds brilliant" he laughed as he talked about her, "we used to go to the same ice-cream parlor, who knows we might've met before" he smiled at the memories of the mysterious max.

"aww! Doess eugie have a little crushie" i mocked.

He didnt answer, then i realised.

"oh shit, eugene, you actually do like her dont you" this time i spoke woth seriousness.

He looked at me through the corner of his eyes before doing a small, but noticable nod.

"doess she have a group" i asked, hoping to take his mind off of his feelings.

"she does, but whenever i ask her about it she always sais she cant talk about it and whenever I ask to meet she sais she needs to talk to her group first."

Well, maybie she is mysterious max after all....