003

╔═*

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

"Aliyah, even though you are no longer employed by Red Bull. That is not to say that Red Bull is going to treat you like family."

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

May 24th, 2022
London, England

"Aliyah De Leon is back in the limelight!" Teddy dramatically continued reading the headlines making Aliyah roll her eyes as prepared their order.

That article blew things away out of proportion, Aliyah was never 'hiding' in retirement per se, she was just not as active online as she once was. The pandemic did help though, in giving her some type of privacy. As it gave the media something else to talk about, and left Aliyah alone to recover.

She was currently working the morning shift at Liwanag. When her friends decided to show up at the cafe for breakfast and to see Aliyah off. Seeing as her flight was that afternoon.

"You, know... I generally forgot Leah was super famous for a hot minute" Maya giggled, playing with the sugar packets on the table.

"Well, you clearly haven't seen her every time we go home then..." Teddy snickered as he continued scrolling through his phone.

"You know, I'm letting you guys eat here for free right?" Aliyah raised a brow at her best friend as she brought out their order of waffles and coffee.

"And we love you so much for it baby" Teddy looked up at her, blowing her a kiss. Making Aliyah scrunched her face, as Maya and Tom chuckled at the two Filipinos.

Ever since they first met in high school, Aliyah and Teddy have been each other's ride-or-die. Aliyah even appointed Teddy as her business partner for Liwanag. However, he only handles the business and logistical aspects of things. Even if his life depended on it, the poor guy can't cook or bake. Other than that he works as a photographer back home in the Philippines. But recently he's been getting more notary around the world.

Maya was Aliyah's teammate while she was a Red Bull athlete. Although she continues to work for Red Bull, she is also a diver for Team GB at the Olympics, which is how Aliyah and Tom first met in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

There were three other people, that made their little group. Which were Alex, Lily, and Gia. Aliyah had met them through ADL Sports back in 2017 when Alex was still back in Formula 2 and had just signed with ADL. Aliyah was actually the reason why Alex had met Lily, as she introduced the two at an ADL Sports event in 2018 seeing as Lily also signed at ADL. It didn't come as a shock to Aliyah when the two announced they were dating a year later, she could basically see Alex's eyes turn into little hearts the moment he met Lily.