→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐈

.

ACT I
CHAPTER II

a run in with some half bloods

IT WAS no secret that Zoë Nightshade loathes male heroes. Every run in with male half-bloods has lots of tension, especially when the girl present doesn't choose to join the hunters. So, the 14th of December 2007 is in the top 10 worst encounters ever, it probably gets top 3 even. Because what started as a familiar hunt transformed into a disaster for the lieutenant. A disaster for all hunters and the whole hunt.

Close to Westover Hall, the huntress of Artemis under the lead of the Lady Artemis are running. Before them, there is a commotion that trills through the ground. The compagnie prepares themselves to battle, to fight. Lady Artemis blows on her horn. The bright sound echoing against the trees as they reach the open place.

"Ready your bows," Zoë commands as she readies her own looking briefly at her sisters.

The arrow of Lady Artemis flows through the air with a streak of moonlight before is plunges itself in the manticore's shoulder.

"Curse you all!" the monster shouts as he fires a dozen of his own thorns towards where the arrow came from. But his attack is countered by the silvern arrows commanded by Zoë, the arrows intercept the thorns from the manticore with calculated precision. The manticore pulls out the arrow right from his shoulder while he screams in pain.

The huntresses see a boy go towards the monster; his sword raised. But as soon as the attack starts, it is finished as he flies out of the way into a tree. Right then and there, they appear, out of the woods into the open space.

Under the lead of Lady Artemis, the compagnie of twelve leaves the safe forest in their silvern ski-jackets and their bows ready with another arrow. There is determination on all their faces as they approach the manticore with stone cold faces.

"The huntresses!" A blonde girl shouts just as the black-haired girl's face falls.

Zoë Nightshade steps out, her beautiful copper skin illuminated in the moonlight like her diadem. "Permission to kill, my Lady?"

"This is not fair," the monster wails "this is not fair. Direct interference, that is against the old laws!"

"No, it is not." Lady Artemis herself says, "the hunt on wild animals is in my domain. And you, abdominal creature, are a wild animal." She redirects her attention to Zoë. "Permission given, Zoë."

The manticore growls, "If I can't get them alive, then I'll get them dead!" The monster falls out to the dark-haired heroes that lay on the ground.

"No!" the blonde one screams, jumping right at the monster to intercept him.

"Out of the way, half-blood." Zoë sneers, "get out of my fire line." But the blonde jumps on the back of the monster, plunging her knife in between his manes.

"Fire!" Zoë commands the huntresses while the boy screams out a no. The huntresses fire their arrows, silvern stripes light up in the sky as they go straight to the monster. The first one hits his neck and the second one his chest.

The manticore stumbles backwards, wailing. "You won't get away so easily, Huntresses! You will pay for this!" and the monster jumps of the cliff.

"Annabeth!" the boy screams as the monster takes the blonde with him.

The huntresses slowly move towards the half-bloods. Zoë Nightshade talks with a younger looking redheaded huntress. The younger girl doesn't wear a silvern diadem, but you can see a leather string braided into her hair as she too seems to have an aura of significance.

"You," Zoë sneers as she recognizes Thalia, the other hunter that is present rolls her eyes.

"Zoë Nightshade," Thalia's voice trills with anger, "perfect timing, like always."

The two huntresses let their eyes fall on the half-bloods. "Four half-bloods and a satyr, my Lady." Zoë says, redirecting her eyes towards a younger girl.

"Yes," the young girl, Lady Artemis says, "A few of Chiron's campers, I see."

"Annabeth!" the dark-haired boy shouts again as if that will help, "we have too safe her!"

Lady Artemis looks at the boy, "I am sorry, Percy Jackson, but your friend is lost." The boy tried to get up but was stopped by the redhead that looks to be around his age. "You can't throw yourself of the cliffs in your condition." The auburn hair of Lady Artemis shines in the moonlight.

"Let me go!" Percy demands the huntress, trying to push her away, "who do you think you are?" The determination on her face faltering for a split second.

Zoë takes a step towards Percy, anger seething in her step at the disrespect.

"No," Lady Artemis commands, "I don't feel disrespected, Zoë. He is just confused, he doesn't understand."

"That doesn't excuse his behaviour towards our sister," Zoë seethes.

"It is okay Zoë," Elowyn smiles softly, trying to stop the disgust from the boy touching her coming up. "I am okay."

But it is all ignored by Artemis as the young girl looks Percy into his eyes with her own that reflect the moon, "I am Artemis," she says, "Goddess of the hunt."

"Eh... okay," the son of Poseidon stammers, looking at Zoë and the other huntress in confusion, but neither give him more attention than needed so he stays where he is.

The satyr there against, kneels on the snow-covered ground. "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You are so... you are so... pooh!"

"Get up, goat-boy." Thalia sneers at him, "we've got other things to think about. Annabeth disappeared!" Her face still marked with disdain at the presence of the hunters.

"Wow," the girl with a green cap says, "a little moment, time-out." Everybody present directs their attention on the girl, "Who... who are you all?"

The expression of Lady Artemis becomes soft, "it might be better to ask who you are, dear child. Who are your parents?"

The girl looks at a boy like herself, her younger brother, with anxiety in her eyes. Her brother still looks at Artemis in wonder, probably wondering if what he is seeing isn't a dream. Which it could be, seeing that his obsession with mythomagic seems to play itself out right before his eyes. No one would blame him if he thought all of this to be dream.

"Our parents are dead," the girl answers for both, "we are orphans, our school is being paid out of a trust fund by the bank, but..." the girl stops, probably seeing at everyone's faces that they didn't believe her. "What?" she asks, "I am telling the truth."

"Thy are half-bloods," Zoë says not beating around the bush, "one of your parents was mortal, the other one of the Olympians."

"An Olympian... an athlete?" Next to Percy the redhead huntress chuckles lightly as the girl asks the question, making half-blood wonder who she might be.

"No," Zoë smiles sadly at the girl, "one of the gods."

"Cool!" the younger brother says his eye wide with enthusiasm.

"No!" the sister's voice trills, "that isn't cool."

...

Nora speaking here!
Sorry for not updating in so long, I honestly had forgotten about thisbstory because this chapter was already finished after I published the first chapter.
I will try my best to start updating once every 2 weeks on Thursday like today.
Thank you for reading this story <3