Couch Potato

4 March, Wednesday
5:15pm

“Why shouldn't I track you when you do that to me?, and don't say safety because that's exactly what I reason with and you still find it stupid”

“Why you gotta keep tabs with me all the time, you don't trust me”

“You've cheated, Jerome. You think I'm gonna trust you going to a strip club?”

“You don't trust me, what we still doing then?”

“Don't try and manipulate me, how can I trust when you've cheated on me multiple times in our three years together?”

“Ashley, you gotta give me the benefit—”

“You outta yo' mind if you think I'mma keep making excuses of why you cheat on me.”

“Look, all I'm gon' do is chill with my boys at the club—”

“The strip club!, you keep ignoring the fact you're going to a strip club where bitches that hardly wear anything be. They strip on the pole, they strip their clothes off...”, Gianna sat on her couch watching the TV and frowned

“Why she gotta hate on them like that”, she murmured changing the channel

Gianna was off work today and decided to be a couch potato. She worked at footlocker and her working days were Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and her shift was 9:00am to 4:00pm.

She got up from the couch when she heard someone trying to open the door.

Gianna lived in a three-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with her bestfriend, Teyana. While Gianna worked at footlocker, Teyana worked at McDonald's with almost the same working days as Gianna but Teyana worked on Wednesdays and was off on Thursdays but they shared the same shifting times.

Gianna opened the door revealing Teyana with groceries in one hand and McDonald's in another.

Gianna furrowed her eyebrows at her bestfriend who glared at her.

Teyana huffed, “Ain't you gon' help a bitch?”

Gianna laughed taking the McDonald's and walked to the kitchen with Teyana hot on her trail.

“Well thanks for taking the food, it was so heavy”, Teyana said sarcastically

Gianna laughed, “Girl, I'm hungry and you left me alone here for a whole day”

“That's the same shit you'll do to me because you working tomorrow”, Teyana rolled her eyes packing the groceries

Gianna sat on the kitchen table and began taking out the McDonald's which revealed nuggets, burgers and drinks.

Gianna frowned, “Where the fries at”

“Girl, eat what I gotchu”, Teyana took her food and began eating leaning on the kitchen table

Gianna smiled, “Well thank you for the food, how was work?”

“Girl, don't even.”, Teyana rolls her eyes

“What happened?”, Gianna frowned eating her nuggets

Teyana sipped her Sprite, “Okay, so it was like around 2 right and that's my lunch break so I'm chilling by the till. A nigga walked in tryna shoot his shot at me and I'm dodging him in the nicest way. Tell me why this nigga ain't letting up.”

“I hate a nigga who don't get the message”, Gianna rolled her eyes

Teyana nodded her head, “Me too. So now I tell him straight that I don't like him. Then he started saying it's fine, he ain't want a bitch that come home smelling like oil everyday and I'm ugly and I ain't all that”

“What?!”, Giannaʼs eyes widened as she ate her burger

Teyana shook her head eating her burger, “Girl, tell me why Taylor come from the back and was like hey baby, allat shit”

“No!”, Gianna gasped

Teyana sipped her drink, “Yes, girl. Yes, and he was like how he just wanted to see her beautiful face and then she asked me what I was doing talking to her nigga. I tell her straight up that her nigga being a hoe, he's tryna get with me and she getting all mad but not at him but me”

Gianna made a face sipping her coke, “Fa what, aint she just heard what you said?”

Teyana began eating her nuggets, “She must have not because she be tryna get physical wimme and you know damn well...”

“TEYANA DON'T BACK DOWN FROM A FIGHT. SHE'LL ROCK YOU LIKE TOMIOKA, I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT”, The two said simultaneously and laughed

Gianna and Teyana have been friends since sandbox days, they were each other's day ones. They'd stick together through thick and thin, never betraying one another.

When they were in the ninth grade, they almost got jumped by a group of girls because all the girls boyfriends liked them both. They got back home and told their parents and their parents started teaching them how to fight, including their brothers, Giveon and Tay'vion.

They got back to school the next week and fought the girls and won, two against five.

From there onwards they'd fought and won against anyone who'd try to fight them but stopped fighting in their senior year when they'd put a girl in hospital. They'd gotten suspended for two months and missed their prom and graduation while the girl they'd put in hospital was given remuneration even though she caused the whole fight.

Hearing that Teyana fought back was no suprise to Gianna. Teyana was more of a hothead, making decisions impulsively and letting you feel pain with her hands and words, while Gianna was a silent killer. Watching your every move and giving you three strikes before she striked you and it was when you least expected it. She kept a neutral face when she was being tested, she never got out of character and even when she fought, she didn't call you names or anything, she just beat you till she felt somewhat okay.

Teyana laughed, “Girl when I tell you I rocked that bitchʼs world. They gave her second written warning and put me off work till Tuesday.”

Gianna furrowed her eyebrows, “What was her first written warning for?”

“There was this time were she was absent from work for about three weeks straight because she was partying and when she came back to work, she was late”, Teyana shrugged

“Ain't she afraid of losing her job, she got a kid ain't it”, Gianna frowned getting off the table and throwing her and Teyanaʼs trash away

She never liked people who'd taken things for granted and neglecting their responsibilities.

“She got three, she just live with one. The other two with their daddies living their best lives while the other got a hoe for a mom”, Teyana shook her head

Gianna frowned, “Yana, don't say that”

“I'mma say it because it's true. All them kids got different daddies”, Teyana shrugged

Gianna laughed, “Girl”

Teyana shook her head, “At this point, ion even think the baby daddies be the actual baby daddies. It be a whole front”. She said making Gianna laugh

Giannaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें