Chapter 21

The next two days passed, Giyuu's flu went away, and everything was back to normal, except for one thing. Sanemi and Giyuu have yet to tell everyone about the passing of their parents. Sanemi didn't know how to tell them. He had hit a wall.

Giyuu had decided to say something to Sanemi.

"You know you're going to have to tell them sometime?"

"Don't you think I know that?" Sanemi snapped.

"It has been a week, and your parents were only supposed to be gone for 4 days."

"I am not fucking oblivious, I know," Sanemi said.

"Did you get things worked out with CPS?" Giyuu asked.

"We are going to go there now."

"We?" Giyuu questioned.

"You're going to become their legal guardian, too."

"Why?"

"Because I am in the same line of work that my father was, there is a chance I might die too. I trust you to take care of them."

Giyuu was surprised that Sanemi had just told him that he trusted him. They had been dating for quite a while, but Giyuu had not grown used to Sanemi's sudden gestures of love and his genuine anger.

"Alright then," Giyuu replied.

The ride to the office was quiet; when they got out, they walked together into the building. While in the waiting room, Giyuu nervously tapped his fingers on the chair and bounced his leg. Sanemi grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Giyuu looked at him confused; Sanemi didn't really show affection, but Giyuu appreciated it.

~a/n: too lazy to write out the actual happening, also didn't know how

When they walked out of the CPS office hand in hand, they had become the legal guardians of each of Sanemi's younger siblings. Sanemi drove back to the house; the car ride was silent.

Giyuu went upstairs to his room and began working on his school essay. Sanemi returned to his office to work. They went on like the day had been normal—like it had been normal for a while, but it wasn't.

After lunch, Giyuu peeked into Sanemi's office and saw he was talking with a bunch of men dressed in black suits. He was wearing his usual white dress shirt with the first couple buttons undone and his sleeves rolled up, his white hair messy and unkempt. Giyuu turned and decided to wait in the living room for him to be done.

When the meeting was over, Giyuu watched as the men all walked out of the room, through the living room, and out the front door. He stood up and walked over to Sanemi's office, where he was sitting at his desk.

Giyuu crept into the room quietly and closed the door behind him. The sound of the door closing caused Sanemi to look up from his laptop, and the papers sprawled across his desk.

"What do you want?"

"We have to tell them sooner or later," Giyuu said," stop procrasinating."

"I know."

"Then we'll do it at dinner, when everyone's together," Giyuu suggested.

"Alright," Sanemi agreed.

Giyuu walked over to Sanemi and kissed him on the cheek before turning to exit the room.

"What was that?" Sanemi asked.

"A display of affection," Giyuu replied, before opening the door and leaving the office.

Giyuu wandered the house, wondering what the events of the coming evening were going to be like.