Chapter 23

(A.N) So this chapter is kinda short but I'll be away for a week or so on a trip

                              ********

The Wendigo and man-eating spiders ran away like scared little mice after hearing the growl from the beast, the cavern creeper. 

"Fuck.. " the kidnapper whispered 

"Krispy what was that?! " zilver yelled in a hushed tone

"cavern creeper" I muttered

"What the hell is a cavern creeper? " Z

"I'll tell you in a minute, say quiet and climb that tree" I whispered while pointing at a tall pine tree

Zilver climbed up and I shortly followed, trying to keep an eye on the kidnapper. But my foot slipped and I nearly fell, thankfully zilver caught my hand and helped me to the top where we waited as I scanned the area. There it was, the cavern creeper.. 

"Krisp-" I had to hold my hand over zilvers mouth to prevent us from being heard by this beast

Another fact about the cavern creeper is that although it has three eyes, it has terrible eyesight. So the cavern creeper uses its ears to find prey, kinda like a bat using echolocation. But one thing I never learned was how terrifyingly tall this beast is, the horse alone is very tall but this beast had to be over 6 feet tall. 

It slowly crept passed us and made it's way towards the tree the kidnapper was in, obviously not wanting to be caught the kidnapper climbed higher. The cavern creeper heard and tried to get at the kidnapper, and while that was happening I signaled for zilver to tree hop until we were out of the forest or at least able to run. So zilver climbed across trees, moving away from the screaming beast as fast as possible.

The kidnapper had thrown something, I assume a bullet or rock, into some bushes kinda far off to distract the beast. The cavern creeper heard the faint sounds and went to hopefully feast on its prey, meanwhile the kidnapper quickly rushed their way over to us and escape the way we planned to. 

We got to the edge of the trees and quickly climbed down, now having to run for our lives to the opening of the forest. It was about a good 30 feet if not more, I looked to my right and had seen how tired zilver was. I felt bad. This was all my fault. If I haven't burned down the house. If I hadn't left her side, None of this would have happened. 

But now wasn't the time to think that way, I scooped zilver up onto my back and floored it for the exit. I ran as fast as my legs would move, leaving the kidnapper behind by a couple of steps. So close to the edge of the forest, when the scream of the beast and the red from its eye filled the air. As we were a few inches from the edge I threw zilver so she'd be save, then I jumped as far as I could outside of the forest. 

We were safe…