Prologue Part 2

300 years had passed since Aaravos had been imprisoned. Avizandum was guarding the border, Zubeia was at the Storm Spire, and Ibis was patrolling the area looking for any danger that might have gotten past the border. All of a sudden, he heard crying. He dove down from the sky to find a cave with water on the floor and a basket in the corner. He tore off the sticks surrounding it. And what he found inside was something he never would have guessed. It was a human child. He had no idea what to do. He considered leaving it there, but he then heard Zubeia's roar, calling him back to the lair. He thought to himself that Zubeia might be compassionate to the child. He has known her for a long time. She has a soft spot. "Let's hope that the Queen takes pity on you." He made sure that the basket was secured around him before stepping out of the cave. "Manus. Pluma. Volantus." He grew his mage wings and swiftly flew through the air towards the pinnacle. He walked through the astonishing design of the lair, with veins of blue like lightning strikes that made their way over the whole mountain. "Ibis. You're back a little later than usual. Is everything alright?" Asked Zubeia calmly. "Well, actually, your Majesty. I found something..." "What is it? Humans?!"In a way... Yes. But not what you're thinking." He set down the basket with the baby in front of Zubeia. "A... human child? What was it doing here?"I don't know, your Majesty. I found her in a cave not far from here. Should I take her back?" "No no, wait." Zubeia sniffed the baby, and the baby giggled. "She doesn't smell like dark magic or danger. And I must say, she's rather cute, actually." Zubeia smiled at the baby. " Leave her with me, Ibis. I'll talk to Avizandum." "Yes, your Majesty." Ibia walked away to go back on patrol. "Hmm." Zubeia looked closer at the basket and noticed the piece of paper next to the child. "Naymora. So that's your name. Don't worry. Avizandum won't say no to me. You'll be safe." After her words, Naymora fell asleep.

Night started to fall, and Zubeia heard giant wing beats coming up to the Storm Spire. "Hello, love." "Zubeia." They two arch-dragons touched heads, smiling. "You won't believe what Ibis found on patrol today."What was it? Humans?!"Not in the way you're thinking..." Zubeia moved her talons to reveal Naymora in her basket, smiling up at Avizandum. "A human!!"Yes, but only a child. I do not sense any form of danger or dark magic on her. Oddly enough, I sensed Primal Magic. And ignoring the war between us and the humans, she is rather cute. I believe we should keep her. She could become the protecter and big sister to our future little one." Avizandum glanced at his mate and then bent down to examine the baby. Zubeia was right. She didn't smell like dark magic. And even he had to admit. She was quite cute. Naymora reached up to the great dragon, and she put her hands on his snout. He smiled at this. "Alright. She may stay. If she doesn't grow up around other humans, she won't turn to the ways of dark magic. She will become the youngest member of the Dragonguard. And our future child's protector." "Thank you, Avizandum. Goodnight."Goodnight, love." The two mates smiled at each other. "Goodnight, Naymora." Cooed Zubeia.