II. Family Training

I woke up being shaken by my brother, Haru.

I opened my eyes to see him beaming like a star. "Big Sis! Wake up we need to train in a few minutes!!" He said almost screaming.

I stood up and got hugged by him, I hugged him back. "Good morning to you Haru" I smiled lightly.

He's so cute, he never changed his habit. "Come on, big sis needs to clean up her bed" he immediately obeyed and got out of the room.

After I did some morning chores and cleaned up myself, I called Haru and held my wooden sword.

It's time for training.

We have been training Haru by me and father.

Father's old but he's strong, but I try to help father with anything. I love the both of them, they're the only family I have now.

I'm still 11 years old and Haru's 9, He's really determined to master moon breathing ever since but unfortunately he can't.

I'm still helping him to find his own breathing technique, hoping that he wouldn't give up and just do nothing until he dies. I don't want that.

I heard Haru running through the hallways, our father is watching us through their bedroom. We both smiled, "Train him with care like I did to you my dear." He said and smiled proudly. I nodded and smiled back, I came closer to our father, hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Big sis! Father! Good morning!" He said brightly, he reminds me of the bright stars at night. "Good morning my son" father said happily, "Go now your sister's waiting" before he walked over to me, he hugged father first and walked over to me.

What a loving son.

I gave him instructions he did obeyed but reminded me that we will have a duel in the afternoon training, I promised that to him so that we would have courage to do his tasks.

Time skip - Afternoon Trainings

It was already afternoon, Haru is yelling my name "Big sis Michi!!!!!" He called and opened my sliding door. "Why are you yelling Haru?" I asked "well you promised me that we would have a wooden sword duel!! Did you forget?" He whined I chuckled "Oh is it afternoon already? And no I didn't forget. Let's go now" I smiled lightly.

We got to our training place, father is also watching. He is smiling proudly, He must've been excited to see our weekly duel.

Haru attacked first, oh he's becoming more stronger than before. I thought and blocked him, I jumped back, waiting for his next attack.

In the end, I praised him and encouraged him to do his best at all times. Even if it will exchange his life.

"Great job Haru!" I praised him "Thank you Big sis" he thanked, still catching his breath. "Will I be strong as you?" He asked feeling discouraged "Of course, why wouldn't you? Maybe you'll get much more stronger than me!" Encouraging him is the best thing I could do for now.

It has always been like this for the past few years, Haru is getting stronger and stronger, Father is getting older and close to his death, and Mother..well she's dead after catching a horrible disease that can't be healed. It was a sad death, a very sad one, My mother wants me to promise that I will take care of Haru and father after she died,I kept it. I became a mother figure to Haru to keep my promise from mother.

It was hard doing some of the chores in the house, but I'm happy Haru and father is here now that he can help me take care of our home.