III. Final Selection

(p.s the days in the final selection in this story is most likely a diary/summary.)

Finally the day I have been training is here.

"Michi! My daughter!" Father shouted "Yes father?" I answered "Today's the day that you will go through the Final Selection, I assume you already know this, yes?" Father said "Of course father, you have taught me about this along time ago" I said smiling a bit excitedly.

Father stood up with his walking stick, escorting me towards the door of our house, smiling sweetly at me. "My daughter, be careful and take care of yourself, have faith in your own potentials." He said worriedly "I will father," I cut myself off and looked at Haru "And Haru, please take care of father and protect him and yourself if something bad happens okay?" I said smiling sadly. "Of course big sis! I will also train hard and find my own breathing technique!" He said smiling happily.

I hugged them both said my I love you's and gave them both a peck.

I will try my best to survive I said to myself and left the house.

Time skip

I saw the beautiful wisteria trees around the place, as I walk I saw multiple people there's a lot of taking the final selection huh I thought amazed by what I saw.

I saw two people infront, telling us what will and what to do in the forest.

The Forest - Mt. Fujikasane, Day 1

I saw a man with such a unique hair, a red-like flame hair, he's full of energy as he talk to the person infront of him He's interesting I thought, walking to the mountain.

As I was walking, I sensed a demon in the bush. I stood quietly infront of him waiting for him to attack, He jumped out stretching his hands to reach my face but I quickly grabbed my katana and slashed his head quick as I could.

After that, I kept sensing demons in some part close to me not until I heard a voice "HELP" I ran fast to help someone that yelled help.

Moon Breathing, First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace

A singular horizontal slash came following a crescent shape, creating chaotic numerous crescent blades along its path slicing the demons head.

Killing the demons is really messy and dirty, that's what I don't like about it.

I looked at the person behind me, She was bleeding luckily it wasn't a major one, I helped her bandage her bruise and she thanked me "Thank you very much miss if you weren't here I would've died!" She says very loudly "Oh, it's nothing" I said "What's your name miss?" "My names Tsugikuni Michika" I said softly "Nice to meet you Tsugikuni-san! My names Yamaguchi Mikaru!" She said full of energy "It was nice to see you Yamaguchi-san, hope to see you soon." I said calmly as I left the place.

I'm in the tree, trying to rest as I was tired from killing demons, walking and running.

I felt my eyes getting heavy and the next thing I know I fell asleep quietly.

Day - 4

The bright sun has touched my face.

I woke up, rubbing my eyes getting ready to walk again. It's already morning and I hear some chattering not so far, I walked over there and saw the man I saw in the entrance, He's really unique, I could feel it.

He looked in my way and greeted me "Hi! Good morning!" He said smiling very brightly. "Good morning" I said calmly "How's your days in here?" He asked "It's fine but a bit messy." I answered "Oh, my bad I haven't introduced myself. I'm Rengoku Kyojuro!" He stretched out his hand to have a handshake with me, in which I accepted "My name's Tsugikuni Michika." Stretching out my hand to greet his. "What a beautiful name you have!" He praised my name, I felt butterflies in my stomach what a weird feeling I thought.

We talked a bit and parted ways so that we could kill demons and survive alone.

The night has fallen, and the demons are now creeping in the bushes or behind the trees, of course I kept killing them, it's very exhausting.

I felt two strong demons, as if it's teaming up but that's impossible demons don't team up I thought.

Both attacked me at the same time but I kept my calmness, not letting my pride take over me.

Moon Breathing, Sixth Form: Perpetual Night Lonely Moon - Incessant

A multitude of curved slashes In front of me that releases a wild barrage of crescent moon blades, capable of slashing my surroundings.

The demons are both in shock, not expecting on my power, I seem like a weak, skinny girl, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm quite strong.

The breathing technique slashed the (two) demons head at the same time, also slashing some of the tree's trunk and branches.

(SKIP)
It was exhausting, fighting them all night is making me more tired than ever.

The sun has came, it's time for me to have a good night sleep I thought, finding a good tree to sleep in.

Day - 5

Rengoku-san kept appearing in my mind, I don't know why but there's one thing I'm sure that is I'm very interested in his fighting abilities. I hope to see his breathing technique one day, If I found out what Rengoku-sans breathing technique is, maybe that can help my brother find his breathing technique or have the same as his.

Flame Breathing, First Form: Unknowning Fire.

A man, with such a great speed dashed towards the demon and unleashing a singular horizontal slash towards the demons neck for decapitation.

I watched in awe, oh what a powerful breathing technique I thought getting out of my hiding spot as Rengoku-san was about to slash me, I unleashed my sword to block it.

"Oh, It's you," He said while putting his sword back to its sheath "Sorry, I thought you were a demon." He apologized and smiled at me, brightly.

"Ah- no, it's fine, I should be the one's who should apologize for creeping up like a demon" I said smiling slightly.

We talked for a bit, I was thinking of bringing up my brother's condition, but I think we're not that close for that kind of conversation.

Day - 7

It's the last day of the final selection, I'm excited to go home and cuddle up with my brother. I sighed as i was getting impatient, I walked around thinking about getting home, what story should I tell Haru, what kind of training should I teach him, and lastly Rengoku Kyojuro, I'm confused about the feeling I was having a talk with him. Maybe I should ask father about this I thought.

I walked around not realizing the wisteria flowers appearing to my side, until I got out of my 'little day dream'.

I saw only a little people survived, I'm glad Yamaguchi-san survived.

I walked towards her and greeted her, I saw a familiar red-haired man walking. I don't know but I felt a rush towards my cheeks.

"Oh~ someone has a crush" Yamaguchi-san said teasingly "N-no I don't!" I denied. Then Rengoku-san came towards me and greeted me "Hi Tsugikuni-san! Good to know you survived" he smiled brightly once again, I wonder if he always do that. "Hello to you too Rengoku-san" I smiled softly.

We saw the two people from the beginning of the Final Selection, congratulating us and gave us crows.

Kaw! Kaw!
A crow sat on my shoulder, I gave him a quick pat. The two people began to speak again, wants us to pick a stone that we want for our nichirin swords.

I picked a stone, feeling it. Hm, should I pick this? Okay then I choose this I thought, having a little conversation in my mind.

I bid my goodbyes to Yamaguchi-san and Rengoku-san and left.