Fly Away

Tommy

I let her think I was asleep before allowing her to escape. I knew she was going to get herself into trouble so when Glenn and Donnie came back, I begged them to follow her.

"She's going to get hurt," I told them, "Someone's tried it twice and I need her to be protected."

They agreed to tail her and keep me updated.

I was in some pain, but I wasn't expected to stay in the hospital for more than another day.

How crazy was it that she told me she loved me, especially when she thought I couldn't hear her?

God, the things I'd done. The things I couldn't even tell her I'd make people do to her. She must have known and yet she was saving me from myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by yet another round of interrogation.

This time, Officer Ray was there with some macho detective.

"I told you," I said again, "I watched the Honda drive by a few times and I knew it was going to be bad. I was raised in this shit. I don't know who it was."

"We've checked out your graveyard," Ray said, "A car by that description was seen leaving the lot a few hours ago."

"It's everyone's graveyard on that side of town," I shrugged, forgetting the pain in my shoulder, "If you can hotwire a car, choose one."

I wasn't going to say anything else, but it did seem suspicious that one of our cars was used. Mental note to tell Glenn.

Tori

Of course he had me followed. I wasn't an idiot and I knew Tommy only wanted to keep me safe, but I had to talk to his mother.. alone.

I was let in due to my credentials and the fact that I'd been assaulted and practically assassinated all in two nights. No one suspected me of being anything but the criminal I actually was.

"Where are the girls, Bridget?" I knew it was wrong, but I brought her some dope, hoping she'd get high enough to tell me, "Are they here?"

"Ain't no girls here, honey," She shook her head, rocking back and forth, "You need to try... "

"Absolutely fucking nothing," Hector's voice caught me off guard and I backed up into the wall, "And why do you want to know?"

"Tommy wants back in, but I told him it's easier for me to get them," I lied.

Hector looked me up and down.

"You look innocent enough and you've done good work for a rat."

"I'm not a rat," I scoffed, "You need me and you can't admit it."

"She's with my boy," Bridget said, slowly sinking into her stupor.

"Yeah I am," I said, confidently, "Practically fucked his brains out in the hospital bed today. By the way, we're being targeted."

Hector nodded, "I know. Word gets here faster than you can blink, little lady."

"So let me in,"I told him, watching Bridget, "I'll make it worth your while."

"Let me think about it," Hector nodded, "Maybe you'll talk some sense into Tommy. He was a master at his craft—getting all those bitches for me."

Hector left and I immediately grabbed Bridget by the hair.

"Tell me where they went," I pulled until she cried out.

"The airport," she rolled her eyes back, "That white bus that rolled in. Looks like an old prison bus."