2. Take me out

My mum looked at me quite impressed when she saw me dressing up to go out. "New classmates" I had said when she asked me if Carol and I were going out. She looked at me with concern and asked me not to be home late.

"I don't plan to stay out for too long. Don't worry", I said slamming the door behind me as I walked away.

I had to take a bus to school, which happened to stop right in that bus top where Ashley and Emili told me to wait for them, across the park. Emili had phoned me like seven times and dropped eight text messages.

While I was sitting on the bus, my phone rang and I avoided picking it up. It was Carol. She insisted, so I had no choice.

"Hey, Carol..."

"Where the fuck are you? Are you even coming tonight?"

"Nope. I'm not in the mood. I feel sick."

"Fuck, dude...I need friends at this party."

"Maybe for the next one."

I hung up and my heart was beating faster. I felt like a cheater. Then, Carol texted me: "What is wrong with you?", and a sad emoji, but I ignored it because I honestly wanted her to leave me be.
The sun was still glowing up there in the sky with its summer strength and the bus was rather full. I had started to sweat and my make-up was starting to become muddy in my eyes.
Finally, my stop.

When I stepped out of the bus, I immediately saw Emili yelling at me with a lot of black and gold glitter. All of them were...Ashley was wearing deep red eyeshadow and a golden shirt under a black leather jacket with tight jeans. With that long messy hair, he looked like a metalhead. The other two girls had short and glitter all over their faces, and high hills. I looked overshadowed with my black attire of fishnets and boots, under a loose black nirvana t-shirt that was three times my size.

"You look stunning!!", Emili said as if I wore anything incredible.

"You kidding me?! I didn't know it was black and gold night. I look like the janitor."

Everyone laughed for a while and I had to laugh at my own stupid joke.

"She's funny...", the orange hair girl said, Sarah. But I didn't like her. Her eyes shined in a way I can't describe and I can only compare to evil people.

"Oh..never mind that. We always match our outfits, it's some sort of brotherhood thing. Is stupid. You look great. And I'm so glad you came", Emili said taking my hand as if we were little kids.

"Let's go then, we're late!", Ashley said and looked at me with some weird stare that I took as dislike or disapproval. He had been nice earlier but he seemed to be upset now. He had been staring at his phone and acting quite nervous. I ignored that for the time being and focused on having fun.

Ashley's sister, Brenda, drove across the road until all we could see were trees and green fields, and occasionally the ocean

Ashley's sister, Brenda, drove across the road until all we could see were trees and green fields, and occasionally the ocean. An hour later we stopped at a gas station, to get some food and refuel the tank. I didn't know we were going that far and that's when I realised that I wouldn't be able to come back home anytime soon. I was anxious and hurried to light up a smoke. Sarah, Emili's friend, asked me for some fire and tried to start a conversation while the others ate and got drinks from the store.