Ch. 29 Dejavu?

This small tender drizzle of rain feels wonderful with the heat we've been having this season. As if recognizing our feelings the wind feels calming with a few playful bursts every now and then shown through the dancing of our hair. In our silent happiness the birds singing around our valley can be heard crystal clear till they also abruptly become quiet. Nature is quite sensitive, so much so, that one only has to be aware of it to know whether to hide, to fight, or stay put.

The first to leave in groups are the most fragile of birds, flying towards the mountains, an opposite direction from the forest in front of us. Next to appear are vultures flying in circles waiting for what I can sniff as blood. However, they quickly fly toward safety.

They are here.

From the sky rapid large ear beasts can be hear echoing to each other, flying above us then around us to assure the safety of our valley. Next, a slight vibration from the ground is felt. Glancing back at the first with my cub placed on her papa's shoulder we watch as the first few of our tribe walk to us. The bear beasts, being natural tanks, heavily walk forward and upon sight of our brethrens give grizzly roars. Behind them, other beasts roar their greetings, including in their group the crocodiles, our wolves, the leopards, the horses, and above some gees and raptors. Of these males, a few can be seen carrying females, cubs, and injured comrades.

Gasping in joy and worry, my mouth opens with sharpened teeth voicing out my own roar of happiness and relief at seeing a golden hair male riding a familiar white leopard beast. Around me other roars of joy can be heard, while those who are quiet keep searching frantically for the lost ones.

You would think that with all these roars our two groups would clash in happiness of seeing each other but no. That would be chaotic and suicidal given the strength and size of our beasts and our warriors who may or may not be injured. Thus, we finally quiet down when our two leaders step forward to receive the battle leaders. While Leader James of the wolves and Leader Axle of the bears steadily walk forward, a horse beastmen and his pair slowly glide downwards followed by a bat beast. Behind them, walks forward a crocodile beastmen, a goose beastmen, followed by a leopard beast carrying the blonde headed beastmen, representative of the bear beasts.

As they talk to each other, my pupils enlarge and my nose slightly sniffs to see if I can pick up any other visible injuries on my papa. Beside me, mama's fox ears have shown, and her dark blue eyes have morphed into a beastly slit.

"I wish they weren't so quiet," murmurs mama.

In return I give her hand a small squeeze for the only thing we can for now is wait for permission.

As we wait for the group to give short details of the battle, a discussion that we females cannot listen in for not being fully evolved like our males, I instead look up to my cub's squeal at seeing who she was waiting for.

Vick.

"Mama, Vick is there, look!" signals happily Sanvi to a place behind the wall of bear beasts.

Puzzled, I realized that Vick is standing behind the tanks when he himself is also a tank? Could he be injured?

My eyes suddenly glow at that thought. My foot unconsciously stepped forward till my head male whispered, "he's healthy, but uh..."

"But what?" I ask, trying to spot the furs of a black beast. How hard could he be to spot? I mean, he's Vick. A proud and rather large and formidable looking beastman who would rather flaunt his battle scars than hide. Wait. Scowling, the most ridiculous idea surfaced, could he be hiding?

"Mama, since you're not as tall as papa, I'll help you." Reporting proudly, she continues, "mmm I bet Vick must be very tired because he is lying down. But uh, he seems to be pushing a green haired beastmen away," finishes Sanvi quizzically.

Green hair? Must be a crocodile beastmen thought Suki.

"There's also a much smaller figure beside this green haired beastmen, but uh why is Vick placing his paw over his face?" Asks Sanvi to her papa.

Suki hums as she wishes she had her males gift of sight, especially Keokuk's. Though, thinking that maybe they would give her a clue, she began to notice that all of her males would try to either look at the sky, the lake, at Sanvi, at their claws, at anything but her!

"What is this?" asks Suki outloud after witnessing that all of her males have ignored her burning stare.

"What is what mama?" Asks Sanvi looking down at her mother who is crossing her arms.

A dry giggle sounds beside mama, "Sanvi dear, we might be standing for a while longer, would you like to play with your blood kin while we wait?"

"Yes grandma Lucy!" yells Sanvi as Tawa lowers her to the ground and lets her run toward the two awaiting fox cubs. They are followed by a relieved looking Leo, a gentle smiling Brent with a twitch to the end of his white silky tail (the fox cub's biological papa), and Sanvi's pet beasts.

Out of ear shot, Lucy sighs out loud then coldy asks, "Jack do you see what I think it is?"

Papa Jack solemnly looks at his female and simply nods his head.

Hissing, Lucy licks the top of her lips in a circular motion staring to where I believe Vick is hiding at.

"Suki dear, what would you do if by chance Vick brings a female to our tribe?"

Widening my eyes, my mind immediately whirls to her question. Why would I care? Wait, would I care? I mean, he did say last time that he'll wait to be called Sanvi's papa. And male beasts would pretty much lock their eyes on one female beast for the rest of their life. Though he's aware that I'm not going to forgive him right away, but could it be?

Glancing back up with unbeknown to me glowing eyes, I search for the females brought. Each one of them gives a weary and tired appearance. Is it possible for that to happen?

Still staring at them, I answer, "the female brought could be one of those saved, it is honorable."

Lucy nods her head and continues, "what if she is a beauty?"

Blinking my eyes, I look again at the females. Suddenly in some of them, though still dirty from the long journey, I spot different color hairs from the usual norm. Peacocks? Mm but I haven't heard of them being stolen.

What other beast has such vivid colors? Sanvi mentioned green, and the croc beastman that is communicating with our leaders has green colored hair but his is nowhere near the vibrant color of some of the females seen from far far away.

"Mermaids dear," finally whispers Lucy after observing that her daughter is trying not to come to that conclusion.

Mermaids! No way!

Those pompous rare beauties of the beast world! It's gossiped that their egos are way larger than the peacock beasts. It's also rumored that many males will battle to the death just to be able to mate one for once in their most probable after shortened life. And that same female is brought by Vick!

He lied!

Feeling extremely hurt and angered at being once again disappointed by this same male. She was about to open her mouth to voice out her displeasure when..

"Calm dear, don't show her your anger till we get to know the how," quietly advises Lucy as Suki blinks, perplexed that she was growing deeply within her chest.

Nodding, Suki waits in anticipation to meet the green-haired female that would later be seen being carried by a huge black bear beast.

Updated on 06/21/2023 only on wa ttttp ad A/N Would try to come back to update regularly!