TMR Part 1: Only Girl In the World

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my OC (Original Character) and added scenes. All rights go to the creators and James Dashner.

She gasps, jolting upright trying to grasp onto thoughts that disintegrate, once detailed and sharp now fuzzy and incoherent. Blinking at the surrounding darkness, and the sounds of metal chains rattling. She squints trying to make out anything and fumbles blindly on her hands and knees, searching for something familiar. Her hands pressed against wood startled she yanks them back, only to let out a quiet whimper as a piece of it embeds in the palm of her hand. Crap!

Grabbing onto the what she realizes is a wooden crate, and finds a piece of loose wood. After a few attempts manages to rip it free with one hand. Shuffling backward against the cool metal surface till her back hits a corner. What the heck is going on? Where am I? Who am I? Why don't I remember... anything?

What feels like an eternity but could have been an hour she sits, clutching the piece of wood like a sword in one hand, swaying lightly with the box. Her breathing mixed with the rattling of metal chains being the only sound.

Eventually, the pulling of chains comes to a halt as her transcend stops, sending her propelling forward, head slamming against the wooden crate with a yelp.
A crack of light appears above, blinding her. For a moment she wonders if she is dead. If I was dead I wouldn't be in pain, would I?

Voices flood her ears and sucking in a sharp breath, she scrambles behind a wooden crate, willing herself to be as small as possible, weapon clutched at the ready.
One voice full of authority calls out above the rest, "Don't just stand there Newt, go get the new Greenie!" Who is Newt? Greenie? What the hell is that?

Her thoughts are stopped, as the sound of feet slam against the metal floor causes the box to sway some. Losing her footing, she slams face-first against the metal floor exposing herself to the world with a groan, her weapon sliding across the floor from her now loose grasp. Damn it! 
She blinks, gets her bearings, and slowly lifts her head up to meet a pair of ocean blue eyes. She screams, eyes wide, and scrambles to a standing position. The boy backs away, holding his hands up in surrender. Her survival instincts kick in and without thinking slams her fist into the boy's face.

Not checking to see his reaction or if he's okay, she takes a running start before leaping with as much force toward the box's opening. Her nimble fingers finding purchase and with the help of adrenaline, she manages to haul herself up onto solid ground.

Dozens of boys' astonished, and shocked faces crowd around her. Shit, I didn't think this through. Sucking in a shallow breath she rolls over onto her stomach and shakily gets up, whipping her head around widely for an opening among the crowd of teenage boys. A few of them rush toward the box's edge to check on the one she punched.

Finding an opening between a boy covered in dirt and a muscular-looking one she breaks into a sprint, seeing an opportunity to escape. Heart pounding against her ribcage she shoves easily past the two boys only to be met with a whole new problem. Giant stone walls a good twenty to thirty yards tower over her, green vines covering the walls in patches.

"Fuck!" She mutters to herself in aggravation but doesn't falter her running. Eyes bouncing around frantically she sees an exit, a giant gap in between the stone walls.

Reassurance that she's found an end to this bizarre nightmare fuels her along with adrenaline as she picks up her pace toward the opening. Only to be met with a feeling of dread as a pair of heavy footsteps rapidly approach from behind, quickly gaining speed.

You've got to be kidding me! An idea sparks and she abruptly halts to a stop. The muscular boy from earlier tries to slow down to no avail. Grinning to herself she dodges his oncoming body fending to the side as her back slams onto the ground a few feet away, and gaining momentum she rolls backward into a crouched position with ease. Looking up she watches in amusement as the muscular boy tumbles to the earth a few feet in front of her.