It'll Be Okay

"Matt, has the milk gone off?" You asked, looking at him from behind the fridge, holding up the bottle of milk. Everything was putting you off, the smell of eggs to just the sight of bacon.

"No, I made myself tea and it's okay" he said, looking up from his phone to you.

"That's weird. It smells odd to me" you shrugged, putting the milk back and going for a bottle of water instead, which was a rare case.

"You're drinking water? Are you okay?" Matt laughed, putting his phone away and taking the last sip of tea before bringing the cup to the sink. He put the cup down and looked at you.

"You've been acting weird lately, what's wrong?" He asked, tucking hair behind your ear and kissing your head.

"I don't know, I haven't been feeling good. I think I caught the stomach bug, I can't stand the food or the smells" you said, leaning into his touch.

"We'll see how you feel for the next few days, if it continues, I'll get you a doctors appointment" Matt said, kissing your head and making you smile.

"I think I'll survive a few days. I probably have food poisoning"

~

A few days later, you were still sick. You woke up before your alarm to your stomach flipping, and you knew it, you were rushing out of bed and into your shared bathroom with Matt. You were on the floor, in front of the toilet, puking your guts up.

Matt was startled awake. He didn't know or understand why you were so sick and his curiosity brewed. From the smell of food putting you off to waking up early to puke. Matt was sure he knew what was going on.

He rushed over to you and rubbed your back, pushing your hair back and mumbling words of encouragement to you. "Let it out. You're okay" he said, his heart breaking at how sick you were.

"Matt, get away" you said, before leaning over the toilet again.

"What do you mean? I'm trying to help"

"Your cologne is making it worse for me" you
said, groaning.

"You loved it last night"

"I don't right now! It's making it worse, Matt" you groaned, tears welling in your eyes.

"I'm sorry. I hate seeing you like this. I'll have a shower and wash it off, I love you"

By then, you felt better so you got up, flushed the toilet and brushed your teeth. By the time Matt got out of the shower, you were tucked up in bed.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked, sitting in the bed and rubbing your leg. He looked concerned as he reached up to check your temperature.

"Feeling much better, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I didn't feel well" you said, taking his hand.

"It's okay. Maybe you should eat something" Matt suggested, getting up to get you something but you pulled him back.

"I'm not hungry. I just want you with me"

"I can do that, babe. But I'm going to book you an appointment or ask the doctor to come here and check you out. It's clear it's not food poisoning" he said, getting under the blanket and pulling you closer. You rested your head on his shoulder.

"I think you should make the appointment"

"I think I know what's wrong though" Matt laughed, kissing your head.

"Stop. I think I know what you're going to say" you groaned,laughing. You'd been thinking the same thing Matt was. That you may be pregnant.

"Why don't you take a test then?"

"I don't know. I think I'm scared. A baby is a big thing, you're in the height of your career and I won't be able to travel with you. It'll put a strain on everything" you said and Matt nodded along.

"I know, but having a baby means we'll have a mini us. The fans would love that. Imagine it babe. How fun is that?" He said, smiling at the thought of a mini him running around.

"We've only been together for a year-"

"We've known each other longer. I wouldn't want anyone else to be my child's mother. We should get a test"

"I have one left in the bathroom from our last scare" you said, putting your water bottle down and moved away from Matt to go into the bathroom, he followed close behind.

"Whatever it is, it'll be okay" Matt said, pulling you in for a hug and kissing your head.