The missing book

I wake up and grab my phone to check the time.

"Shit." I mumble realizing my phone is dead.

I reach over, grab the charger and plug my phone in.

The phone lights up and shows the battery symbol and I move the blanket and get up.

*Is it storming outside?* I open my windows. BOOM!! I jump back and shudder, scared from the thunder. Yeah, pro superhero but i'm scared of thunder. Let's not talk about that.

I run to my nightstand to grab my sketchbook, but it's not where I left it. I check the drawer, the bed, under the bed but it's not where to be found.

*Shit shit shit shit* I panicked starting to pick through every corner in my apartment. *Maybe I just left it in my office*

I grab my phone and my jacket and run out, completely forgetting that it was storming. Typically I would draw out my umbrella but I obviously can't do that now.

*Ill try calling Wade* I grab my phone *Shoot I didn't let it charge enough*

I grab my charger and patiently wait until my lock screen lights up on my phone. "Okay Wade, Wade, Wade" I mumble searching for Wades contact "Wade!" I immediately dial his number.

...

...

*Come on Wade*

...

Click

"Wade! I really-"

"Hey! You've reached Wade's voicemail! I'll make sure to-"

"DAMNIT" I yell throwing my phone down on my bed. *What to do what to do* I begin pacing around my apartment. I cant use my power without my sketchbook.

*Maybe i ripped out a page? I can use that* I start searching my apartment for any piece of paper that could've came from my sketchbook, but alas, nothing.

I pace around my apart wondering who I could possible call to help me out. That's it! Ajax!

I dial Ajax's number and he answers almost immediately.

"Hey Mando, what's up?"

"Hey so I can't find my sketchbook anywhere, could you teleport to my office and check if it's in there?"

"Yea give me 5 seconds"

For a moment there's silence and I wait for Ajax's response.

"Yea there was nothing there. Maybe someone saw and is holding on to it for you?"

"I hope so. Thanks for your help though Ajax."

"Any time"

I hang up the phone. There's nothing I can do but look outside and hope the weather calms down.

I open my curtains and look outside, scanning the area. All of a sudden I see a human like figure standing in the middle of the street, holding their arm to the sky.

*The hell? What are they doing?"
As I watched them I see someone else run up to them and show them a sketchbook, my sketchbook! I jump up and immediately run to my door.

As soon as I open my door it's all of sudden sunny and it's almost as if it never rained. Though I was shocked i ran towards the street to the 2 people holding my notebook.

The person who had their arm held to the sky had now put their arm down. I take a nice took to them and analyze them hoping I would recognize them maybe. It was a girl who was about average height and had long blonde hair. The guy next to her was a little taller then her and had fluffy green hair.

*Wade?* I thought. But I shook my head. That can't be Wade. His arm isn't functioned to handle stormy weather yet.

"Uhm hello? Hey I think you've got my sketchbook there." I say walking towards the pair slowly.

The two look at me then back to eachother. The girl snaps her fingers the a wave of coldness came over me. I blink and seconds later a blizzard forms.

*Shit I cant stay out here. I'll  freeze to death*

I run back towards apartment. I know that girl can control weather now, and she's clearly not on my side. And what did she need with my sketchbook? And who was that guy? Was he the one who took my sketchbook?

There was too many questions spiraling around in my mind but there was nothing I could do to answer them. I look outside and it's sunny again but the pair is long gone.

I grab my car keys and run to the office to call an emergency meeting.