Chapter XIV

Scarlet's POV~

Living with Jessica was going fine. We had a get-together a week ago, and the whole family showed up except Mirana. There was just one thing that kept on bothering me. It was ever since Jessica passed out at the doorstep of the family house. The small gash on her side seemed to have healed in hours, and she didn't even notice.

I asked her what she thought made it, but she had absolutely no idea. In a way, I'm kind of worried for her. She seemed to be doing better, and our conversation the other day was pretty nice. On the other hand, there was a full moon tonight. Jessica doesn't know that I'm part Werewolf or something like that. Hopefully, she doesn't freak out when she has to chain me up in my parents' basement.

My parents' basement was made especially for werewolves since I'm the only one they've ever encountered. Jessica offered to help me on the full moon. I'm still not sure if that was a wise choice. At least she thinks that I have some project going on, so I don't have to really say anything about the chains. I haven't exactly told her about chaining me up, either.

The full moon was slowly approaching. I headed out with Jessica.

"Hey, why do you have a duffel bag?" Jessica asked as we approached the car.

"Oh, this?" I said, holding the bag up. "You'll see." I said, opening up the trunk and throwing the duffel in.

"I just thought you had some weird project going on in your mom's basement." She said, opening the passenger door of the car.

"Like I said, you'll see." I said, getting in the driver's side.

"Ok," She simply said, closing the door. It was a quiet drive to my parents' house, and when we got out, Jessica offered to grab the bag.

"Okay, can you tell me about this thing we're here for now?" She asked, whining.

"Do you notice anything about the moon tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's a full moon." She shrugged. "What about it?" She asked.

"Do you remember what I told you about me?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're an alien." She said.

"Well, I have supernatural like powers." I said, looking at her.

"Ohhhhhh, soon, you're a Werewolf." She said, pointing up and down at me.

"Wow, you caught on fast." I said.

"Well, I do live with you." She said. "So, are there chains on this bag then?" She asked, holding it up.

"Yep, you're right." I said.

"Wait, am I going to chain you up or something?" She asked.

"Maybe, but only if you want to." I said, opening the front door.

"Oh, no, of course I want to, but why invite me in the first place?" She asked.

"Because of the gash on your side." I said, just like that.

"Ok, but what about it?" She asked.

"It healed hours after we found you, and you didn't even notice." I said.

"I didn't think it was a problem." She said, shrugging.

"Well, I think it is." I said, walking down to the basement.

"What do you mean?" She asked, walking behind me.

"I'm not for sure, but you might be a Werewolf." I said.

"How would you know that, though?" She asked.

"Because it healed really fast." I said.

"You can't prove it on just one thing." She said.