Chapter XXII

Scarlet's POV~

The door opened a while after I had knocked. Tayan let me in, and I sat on his couch.

"Do you have company?" I asked.

"No, why would you think that?" He asked.

"Because there's an extra pair of shoes over by the rack, not to mention I can smell a different scent on you." I said, smelling the air.

"You got me there." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, you have Leo over?" I asked, curious.

"Yeah, he's...umm... sleeping." He said, lying through his teeth.

"I don't think so. You're clearly lying." I said.

"You're right, but why are you here?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, I'm here to get the info you were looking for." I said.

"You wanna come down to my workshop then?" He asked, getting up.

"Sure, is there something down there that you found on your hike?" I asked, getting up as well.

"Yeah, a little bit." He said, walking towards a door. There was a staircase going downwards. We walked down the stairs, and Tayan turned on a light. All I could see was basically the components of a workshop, but there was something odd on his desk.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing to the strange creature on his desk.

"I don't know exactly." He said, walking over to it.

"It looks like a cat." I said, getting closer.

"Yeah, but it's not an organic cat like you and me." He said, picking it up and powering it on. The cat leaped from his hands. It started pawing at my feet as if it wanted to be picked up.

"Where did you find this creature?" I asked, picking it up, holding it in my arms.

"That's the problem." He said, sitting in a chair. "It was found in the middle of a ritual circle." He said.

"How long ago do you think a spell was cast?" I asked.

"Leo spotted a light in the sky. We went towards it and found this cat instead of the person who caused it." He said.

"Why is Leo not talking about this?" I asked, putting the robotic cat back on his desk.

"He's... not feeling well." He said, powering off the cat.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, back on topic." He said, avoiding anything that has to do with Leo.

"Did you guys have a fight or something?" I asked.

"No, that's not it." He shook his head.

"Sex?" I asked.

"Yeah, he, uh, can't walk." He said.

"Okay, now back on topic." I said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, great idea." He said.

"Do you think it was a witch that caused the ritual to take place?" I asked.

"Probably, there was a bowl on a pedastool." He said.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"No, there were drops of blood in the bowl." He said.

"So, blood witch?" I asked.

"Maybe, but I don't get why they'd just leave the scene after the spell." He said.

"This might have something to do with my brother then." I said.

"What about him?" Tayan asked.

"Brody was missing for a week, and nobody knew where he was." I said.

"Yeah, he came by and told me the very same thing." He said.

"Really, everyone was worried, but we couldn't find him." I said, turning around to go back upstairs.

"Where do you think he was?" Tayan asked, following me.

"I think he might've been at the place you just told me about." I said, walking upstairs.

"You think?" He asked. As we got to the base floor, Leo was sitting in the kitchen eating.

"Hey, hey, you can't be walking around." Tayan said, rushing over to make sure he was okay.

"I'm okay, you don't need to worry." He reassured Tayan.

"Are you sure?" He asked, still worried.

"Yes, I'm fine. What were you guys talking about?" He asked.

"My brother was supposedly kidnapped." I said, sitting down.

"Oh, really, is he okay?" Leo asked.

"Yeah, he's fine." I said, getting some water. "He's just confused." I said.

"Confused about what?" He asked.

"He doesn't remember what happened in the week he was gone. Now it's eating him up inside." I said.

"Why does that involve Tayan?" He asked.

"It actually involves both of you. You found a ritual spot." I said.

"Yeah, but in my defense, I didn't know it was a ritual spot." He said, shoving his face with food.

"That's fair, but Tayan did know." I pointed to Tayan, who was drinking some water.

"Oh really." Leo said, looking at Tayan.

"Hey, I just assumed you knew." He said.

"It's okay," Leo said.

"Soooo, do you think Brody was involved in this blood witch ritual?" I asked.

"He might've been, but you need to try and restore his memories." He said.

"You might be right." I said.

"Yeah, all you need to do is use your witchy powers on him." He said.

"I'll do that." I said, turning to leave. I walked to the door, and Tayan saw me out. I went back home to find Jessica still sleeping on my bed.

_______________________________________

Short chapter, but at least we found barely anything out.

Word Count: 870