Chapter Three

Day one of my new life. I wake up and realize that I'm not in my normal room. I freak out for a second before I remember what happened last night. I take in my surroundings. And I am in the living room on the couch of my new home. And I just  woke up from a long and stressful day. 

My dad comes out of the room and turns on the kitchen light. I squint as the light connects with my eyes. 

“Do something with your life” he says, and walks away towards his room. 

I roll my eyes and get up off of the couch. I head to the shower and get dressed. 

“Where are we going?” i ask as he appears in the living room fixing the cuffs to his sleeves. 

“Dont worry about it.” he says, and i go back to the couch. 

A few minutes go by and im waiting to leave. 

“Ready?” he asks

“Yes.” i say, and get up to walk downstairs to the car. 

As im waiting by the car for it to be unlocked, i notice my brother walk down. Hes with a girl. Oh. 

“Oh.” i say out loud. And get in the very back seat of the car.

Once everyone is in the car, we start driving to the place were going to. Come to find it was my dads job. He needed to be there for a meeting i guess. 

I introduce myself to the girl i saw my brother with. I discover that shes his girlfriend. Shes really pretty and really nice. We talk for the whole time and exchange stories about each other. I like getting to know people. 

When my dad gets back, we head to another location to meet up with our other family members. It was pretty boring. There wasn't much to do there except watch planes fly and do tricks in the air. But it was very foggy, so there wasn't much we could see. 

We go out to eat instead, and have a really good time. And i'm thinking i could get used to this. Living like this. But at the same time, what about everyone else? Maybe they'd want to come live with me up here? There are so many possibilities. 

Its only my first real day here and i'm already regretting this. I wonder why my mother just didn't talk it out with me. In my opinion, its disrespectful towards me to just give up on a situation like this. You're supposed to be my mom, not my arch enemy. 

“Janae, you want to call your sister?” my dad asks me and i come back to the earth. 

“Sure.” i say.

My father hands me the phone and i look for her contact. It rings. 

“Hey sis. Hows it going up there?” she asks holding the phone down so i only see her double chin. Shes so cute. 

“Im doing fine. Its really different up here.” i say

“Where are you right now?” she asks as she eats a bowl of chips 

“Im about to go eat. Im not sure where though.” i tell her looking out the window.

My dad never tells us where we’re going. Its always a mystery. All we have to do is “sit back and ride.” 

“Dad never tells us where we’re going. Remember?” i remind her. 

“Yeah but I thought it was different now.” she laughs.