A Ball Dress[Mess]

I was just about ready to leave for lunch when a large owl swooped in through the window, holding a package twice its size.

The barn creature looked around the room, when it's sharp eyes landed on the window-side desk.

It leaned forward landing perfectly on the edge of the table.

It's crystal eyes pointedly stared at me, alert yet flaccid.

I looked at Riddle, who was sitting on his bed, and he looked rather calm from the sudden intervention.

Riddle walked over to the eager owl and took off the thread that tied the parcel to it.

It hooted once in acknowledgement before taking a dive down the window.

I didn't know why I had just froze in place in front of my dressing mirror, where I had been doing my hair.

I ran the comb through my hair, once again turning my attention to myself.

Riddle had opened the professionally packed box and was now reading the contents in a letter.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed him moving close to me. Turning around, he pointed the parcel at me, gesturing me to take it.

"Lucius has sent you a dress. You'd fit in just fine." He said and I took the package.

It was lighter than I had expected but it did make sense. The ball was in a week and I couldn't just mend the dress with magic.

Hence if any amendments were to be done, I should have some time for that.

"You can try that on once to make sure for yourself. He did specify that it is meant to be fitting one's body form so you should be just fine anyway."

He said and moved back to his bed, continuing whatever it was that he was doing.

I walked to the bathroom with the dress, still in the parcel, in my hands. Once locking the door, I opened it up and an emerald green cloth immediately caught my attention.

Opening it further, I was really surprised by the glory of the dress. How it was supposed to fit in, god knows.

It was a long, mermaid dress with off-shoulder sleeves. The dress shone where light hit it just right and the cloth near the waist and thigh were cinched just slightly to put some sort of roughness in the otherwise perfect dress.

I got out of my clothes and put on the dress. It rested just perfectly against my body. I struggled a bit to close the zip at the back.

Finally succeeding, I waited patiently for the magic to work its wonders.

Soon enough I felt the dress began to tighten, until it looked like it was customary designed just for me. But, then the real trouble started.

It didn't stop even when the dress fit snuggly and kept tightening until I had to stand completely straight to even breath.

The sleeves dug in my arms forcing me to keep them close to my body. The waist has cinched up completely blocking any air from entering my lungs.

Even the cloth near the thighs had come closer, and I had to stand with one leg in front of other to be a tad bit comfortable.

I had no idea how someone could even wear something like this. I was able to unzip it with much struggle and the dress loosened back to its natural size.

Bruises had already started forming near my shoulders where the sleeves had been digging in and I was sure if I were ever to wear something like this for more than a few minutes it might actually draw blood with how stern it had gotten.

Packing the dress back, I changed back to my day clothes and walked out of the bathroom, handing the parcel to Riddle.

"I don't think I'd be able to wear this." I informed him and he stared dubiously at the dress peeking through the dull packaging.

"What's the problem?" He asked inspecting the fabric.

"It's just too tight. I don't think it will be really comfortable if we were to stay a long time." I replied patiently as his gaze turned wary.

"And how do I know you're not saying this to just get out of  our arrangement?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at the sudden rage in his voice.

"I'm not trying to get out of anything. If you're so wary, you can try the dress yourself to see how well it fits. And don't worry, I'll arrange something for the ball myself." I reassured him.

"Oh yeah, it's not as if there ball is in one week. You'd sure be able to convince Martha, find a shop and buy a dress." Sarcasm drips from his voice.

"I have my ways. And don't worry, if I don't succeed in finding a new and better outfit, I'll wear whatever that monstrosity is, that Malfoy sent." This seemed to calm him down and he walked away nodding to himself.

I went out of the room and let my mind wander.

How was I supposed to get a nice, not-so-expensive dress in so less time.

💖💖