1. Al-Fatihah - (The Opener)

1:1 In the Name of Allah—The Most Compassionate, Most Merciful

1:2 All praise is for Allah—Lord of all worlds,

1:3 the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

1:4 Master of the Day of Judgment.

1:5 You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.

1:6 Guide us along the Straight Path,

1:7 the Path of those You have blessed—not those You are displeased with, or those who are astray.

Surah Fatihah is the first Surah in the Holy Book of the Quran. It consists of seven ayahs. Al-fatihah means the opening, because the Quran opens with it. The seven verses are regularly recited at the start of every rak'ah (unit) of our five daily prayers (salah), which is why they're named The Seven Oft Repeated Verses as well as other names such as Mother of the Book, the Cure, and The Commendation (Hamd). Without reciting Surah Al-Fatihah during your salah, it is considered invalid.

Surah Fatihah is the first Surah in the Quran and also the first Surah you recite in every rakaat of your prayer.
Understand the importance of this Surah and ask yourself, why?

Surah Fatihah is said to be the summary of the Quran. The mother of our holy book. But it's not just only a surah, it is actually a conversation with Allah.

The structure of this Surah is beautiful. 7 verses and the Prophet $15
said Allah has divided Fatihah into 2.
When you dive into the translation you understand there are 3 verses stating and glorifying Allah, there are 3 for us seeking help & 1 in the middle connecting Allah and us.

'Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil 'alameen'
Translates to Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds. Allah responds to this, every single one of us by saying "My servant has praised me".

'Ar-Rahman ar-Raheem' "The entire merciful, the especially merciful."
Allah says "my servant has complimented me".
Life will be full of temptations and difficulties, and this is why he reminds us immediately that his mercy is like no other.

'Maaliki yaumid Deen' "Master of day of judgement." Allah says my servant has glorified me. When you take this in mind, you learn to be accountable for what you do, you start to behave and act purely for Allah.

These three verse gives a sense of contentment within your heart through understanding. You've establish your lord, realised the beautiful mercy & you see your purpose and that being to be successful on the day of judgement.

lyyaaka na'abudu wa iyyaaka nasta'een'.
"It is you we worship, and you we ask for help." Allah savs this is between me and my servant. This is the point of the half.

"Ihdinas siraatal mustaqeem'
Guide us to the straight path.
Why do you think prayer is the key to success? You're constantly asking for guidance, and when you perform your salaahs every single day you ask for help and his guidance multiple times.

'Siraatal ladheena an 'amta' alaihim Ghairil maghduubi' alaihim waladaaleen'
"The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray." Allah says: this is for my servant and my servant will get what he requested.
(Sahih Muslim 395 a)