𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

꒰ THE WAY I LOVED YOU! ꒱

꒰ THE WAY I LOVED YOU! ꒱ . . . . . -𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘅𝗹𝗱𝘀

ღ 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘, 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇-𝟏𝟒𝟕𝟑
or, the city and universe of LUNA SUNDARI

❛ three years before ❜

────────────────────────

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈 met Miguel O'Hara, she was watching her city from the top of her safe space. The Empire State Building. Rain was pouring from the clouds, the heavens weeping over the world and what it had become, as deep gray clouds covered an often blue sky. Luna sat close to the edge, hunched over, staring down and tempting fate. A brief crackle sounded as a momentary blade of golden white light split the sky open in jagged tears, followed by the low and warning rumble of thunder booming threateningly from behind the clouds. She stood carefully and watched the sky, awaiting the next burst of lightning. Instead, heavy and sharp droplets of rain hit her mask and the carefully material over her eyes- a thing similar to reflective glass; no one could see her eyes, but she could see everything so very clearly. Water slipped off of her mask and she looked away.

Rain drenched her hair, her skin. Despite the shivering cold, Luna loved the rain. It was the one time that she could cry freely without anyone knowing. She was twenty-three, still living at home. Under her father's orders, or else she would have moved out, much to Madeline's dismay. But Philip made it clear that she was not able to leave for her own safety. Philip Watson feared Peter Parker, as did everyone in the city. But in the rain, his monsters could not hurt anyone. Only his words could cause great harm.

Luna removed her mask and placed it carefully beside her, letting out a broken sob as she slumped down on the edge of the Empire State Building, legs dangling instead of crossed, the rain covering her tears. She couldn't protect them all. She couldn't protect anyone at all. She couldn't save Peter when he needed it the most, instead being trapped inside her own head. And now she had turned an innocent man into a monster. I'm sorry. she called out silently. I'm sorry, Peter. So very sorry.

She was in tears, her person hidden by the thick cloud cover, despite the vibrant red and white of her suit and the burnt red of her hair. Luna was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even flinch when there was yet another burst of lightning that came crashing down on the lightning rod on the top of the building. She was simply used to it by now. Another growl of thunder, though this one was much louder. She had lost focus, detached herself from the life she was in, simply crying for the sake of crying. In her mind, she could see flickering snapshots of her mother, of Amaris, with her shining red hair and eyes so brown they were nearly black. Clothed in a cozy jacket and jeans, cradling a baby in her arms. Holding Luna so close, in a way that no one had held her since.