08

hello lovelies!!
TY FOR 200 READS‼️💗
I'm so grateful for every single read and everyone who has read or voted on this story!!

time skip this chapter to spooky szn...

...

The group had grown inseparable over the past month and now, Halloween was finally rolling around. Robin (being Robin) had forced the group to watch at least 15 horror movies in the first two weeks of October alone.

Evelyn, Gwen and Vance were all for it, the others, not so much. Robin knew what Evelyn's favourite was (somehow) and had made the group watch it so many times they probably knew the lines by heart.

There was an upcoming school dance in celebration of Halloween and, shockingly, Vance was one of the first to agree to go. The other boys were less than convinced as Finney also agreed, the others silently taunting him with their gazes that spoke to him, 'whipped'.

Now, the group sat a lunch, awaiting a response to Gwen's question, "give me one good reason. Why don't you wanna go?"

Robin scoffed and pulled a face as he looked around the group, his facial expression becoming less harsh as Vance glared at him and his hart face diminished entirely as his gaze rounded to Evelyn, sat with a pleading look on her face, directly opposite him.

"Well," he cleared his throat, "I- uh I suppose we could g-" He didn't even finish his sentence before the girls made a noise in celebration causing a few to look their way.

Walker came speeding over. Robin sent him an apprehensive look, he was still feeding his delusion that Walker was in love with Evelyn using small gestures he made and picking them apart, mind-mapping what it meant. One gesture, for example, is that Walker's first thing he did was squeeze in between Evelyn and Donna, smiling at the pair before turning to Evelyn and talking in a hushed voice to her.

He turned back and scanned the group, noticing Robin looking directly at him. He grew nervous and shifted a little in his seat, looking at what everyone else was doing. 'What is his problem...?' both Walker and Evelyn thought.

Walker had sussed out that Finney was absolutely in love with Evelyn and made it clear he had no such intentions with her, to which Finney was extremely grateful. Walker thought deeply, 'could...Robin also like her?'

He made a mental note to talk to him at some point as he asked the group nervously, "sooo... what are we talking about?"

Evelyn responded with a kind smile, "Oh we were just convincing the others, mainly Robin, to go to the Halloween dance with us - y'know - as a group."

"Oh cool, could I come too or..." he trailed off as he looked nervous under Robin's intense gaze once more. "Duh, of course you are Walker. You're our friend!"

At this, Walker smiled widely, happy they were finally considering him a part of the group (not that Evelyn had ever casted him out or anything).

"Oh thank you." He said as his smile was barely contained. She said nothing else in response as she smiled brightly at him before turning to Finney on her other side and taking to him quietly about the next baseball game before changing topic, asking what he was going to be for Halloween.

"Uh, I'm not sure yet...what about you?" He asked, imagining her to look pretty in absolutely any costume imaginable.

"Me neither, maybe some of us could match. Gwen might sort all of that out..." She trailed off in thought as Finney merely admired her face, barely registering that she had said his sister was choosing if people were gonna match and who with.

...

"Please Gwen, for your favourite brother! At least think about it, I would literally do anything for you to make some us match..."