Chapter 29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Zane's Ending~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane, the Ice Ninja (or Nindroid), towered over Ninjago City's ruins. His blue eyes studied the ruins, his circuits analyzing the devastation caused by the formidable Meowthra, who was now merely a giant kitty cat. The battle and journey had been long and wild, but they were able to salvage the day thanks to the efforts of the ninjas and himself.

Zane's focus moved to (Y/N), a fellow ninja and friend who had battled heroically alongside him throughout the tragedy. Zane had always been attracted by their strength, perseverance, and undying commitment. With the victory, his circuits were swamped with a different kind of sensation, one he had never felt before. It was not in his plans.

Zane: approaches (Y/N) with increased confidence "Thank you for your congratulations, (Y/N). We were successful in saving Ninjago City."

(Y/N): "Thanks IceMan, excitement still pounding don't we make a great team?"

Zane: The robotic features tried to imitate a smile. "We do, indeed. But there's something I have to say."

(Y/N): "Oh, okay, what's up Zane?"

Zane: needed a moment to collect his thoughts, his processors working overtime to find the perfect words "Throughout our first meeting, our friendship, and this adventure, I've realized that my feelings for you extend beyond that of a teammate. I feel I have developed emotions (Y/N)."

(Y/N): their eyes widened in amazement, as did their heartbeat. "Emotions? Zane, you're an artificial intelligence! That is incredible! Wait, how come?"

Zane: soft and sincere tone of voice "I can't explain it completely, but it's undeniable. I feel a connection with you that goes beyond programming when we converse, walk, and now fight side by side. You inspire me, (Y/N), and I find myself yearning to be by your side as more than just a close friend."

(Y/N): "Zane, I... I feel the same way. expression softened. Your passion, altruism, and the way you compute things are all amazing. I've always appreciated you for it."

Zane: As he analyzed their remarks, a flood of comfort washed over him. "I am delighted to hear that, (Y/N). I was concerned that my newfound emotions would be perceived as a flaw rather than an asset."

(Y/N): takes a step closer to him, extending out a hand to touch his arm "You're perfect just the way you are, Zane. Your emotions add to your uniqueness. And I wish to explore these emotions with you and teach you."

Zane: a visual picture of his inability to blush "I would be honored. Let us continue to strive together to uncover what lies beyond."

Who said robots couldn't have feelings?

"That one is more robot than the other, Zane"

(Y/N): All right! You and I are going to have a conversation in my head!