Sixteen. Portals of liquid

Voting for this chapter has ended

Hello everyone! It's been hell this week for me, cramps suck and my dryer broke :( I've been sick for around a week at this point too.
Now onto the chapter!

                                                                                       ----------

Your head hung back as you stared at the strings above you, just staring, trying to ignore the burning pain your legs had become from panicking before. You weren't sure how long it had been, you never got tired (Just forcing your body to sleep), you never felt hungry, never felt thirsty.

The throbbing in your legs was the only thing that assured you that you were still alive. It's like you never had a life outside of the anti-void like this was how it always was.

It was almost nice. Peaceful...

Until it wasn't.

Need help to get SOUL back. Can't take on Error alone

What?

What was that?

Were you speaking?

You don't think you were speaking.

Ain't no way we taking on Error solo, we're not a particularly combative soul

That definitely wasn't you speaking, they? Didn't seem like they were your voice...

"Hello?" You speak to them, seeing if they'll respond.

Hello, I hope you're well sweetheart

They respond to you, you open your mouth to speak once more (At least you think you do) but the sound of a sharp gasp (You don't think that was by you) makes you harshly snap your head down.

Who is he?

One of them speaks, they sound like the last one.

You look at the skeleton and try to jump-start your memory of who he is.

All while trying to ignore the fact that he just came out of your pool of blood.

You decide to try and speak to him.

"Hello?" Just like with them, his head snaps up, he's wearing some wonky sunglasses that seem to be multicoloured, colour is nice. There's not much here.

"Y/n! There you are!" He takes a step back and looks you up and down. "Looking pretty rough there, here" Without another word he pulls out a giant paintbrush before flipping it over and using part of its handle to gently apply a dark red-looking paint to the strings.

Ink you WHORE

One of them seems to inform you, Ink, that name sounds familiar...

You search your mind, one memory seems to come up.

You're replaying it before you're suddenly screaming.

You're pretty sure you're the one screaming as you plummet from your air prison.

Arms catch you, Ink's arms.

Finally free from the strings now? About time! Now we have to find our soul now

You agree, finding your soul is pretty important.

"There you go!" Ink says, his voice is happy but his body betrays him, you pick up on his small twitches and his nervous shake in both his body and voice.

"Thank you!" Your voice cracks from lack of use as he lets you down, his hand snakes up one of his arms and seems to trace some of the strange tattoos.

Your legs are weak and they shake, you cling onto his arm so you don't fall.