Bad Habit

I know I've taken ages to update, but here. Have something a little different. An idea of how Max and Chloe became friends. Mainly because I imagine Chloe's always been a prankster whenever she wasn't around William, and had a reputation of being a joker at school. I'd say they're about 11 in this? Maybe 12?
---------------------------

Max had seen the girl in a few of her classes, but not many. She'd barely spoken to her since they had both gone to this school, mainly just a 'thanks' when holding the door open. Her name was Chloe, Max knew that much. She was the long haired blonde that sat in the back of the class, not really talking to anyone else, but just laughing at herself and anything she found entertaining. It's not like she was horrible, or disliked, she just didn't care much for the attention of others, or their opinions of her. She would always make the occasional sarcastic comments which made the rest of the class, including Max, chuckle. She was funny, sarcastic, but actually still one of the smartest kids in the class, with constant good grades; despite complaints about her class comments.
She didn't really hang out with anyone in particular at school either. Not that Max knew of anyone, she always seemed to be able to talk to anyone, even if she didn't like them. She floated between friendship groups. She was basically the opposite of Max. Max wasn't a loner, not at all, she just kept to herself a lot. She had a few friends that she spoke to and hung around with, and they were all kind and well-behaved. Max was always the kind of girl that preferred to stay out of the limelight, and would rather be ignored and left to peacefully read a book.
So basically; Max and Chloe never really ever spoke, or interacted. Until now.
Max had gone into her art class as usual, and sat in her regular seat, next to some friends named Natalie and Gwen. Max waited as the teacher gave instructions and quietened the class down. The young woman in charge of the class instructed that they all would need to be in pairs, for a painting project.
Instantly, without the teacher even finishing her instructions, students began to pair up and walked over to one another.
Natalie and Gwen paired up; just as Max had expected. Leaving Max on her own.
'Sorry Max!' One of the girls smiled apologetically towards the freckled girl.
'No worries' She smiled back sweetly, with a small giggle ending her sentence.
Max was lost, in all honesty. She realised she didn't have any other friends in the class, and therefore didn't have a partner to work with. Instead of looking for someone, she waited in her seat for the other unlucky loner to be partnered up with her by the teacher, like usual.
When the teacher brought the other lonely student along, Max was surprised to see the class joker, Chloe Price.
'You and Max can work together, don't worry, she's very sweet' the teacher told Chloe, Max smiled in response and managed to get a smile from the Blonde girl being partnered with her.
Chloe took a seat next to Max, with an air of silence lingering for a few moments, before the more outgoing of the two girls spoke.
'You're Max, right?' The blonde spoke kindly.
'Ye-yeah' Max stuttered, feeling nervous to talk to someone new. 'You're Chloe?' She finished. Chloe nodded in response.
'You're pretty shy, aren't ya?' She asked playfully. 'Don't worry, I'm not lame like everyone else here.' She smirked, making Max laugh. 'So what do you want to draw?' She asked. Max thought for a moment before answering.
'Pirates.' She smiled.
'Nice one, Caulfield.' She said as she began drawing on the blank sheet in front of them. They stayed in silence as the girl excitedly drew, Max just sat and watched. Chloe was an impressive artist. After finishing a drawing that showed Chloe and Max dressed as pirates, sailing the seven sea's with Chloe stood at the steering wheel with Max beside her holding a sword and wearing an eye patch.
'Thats actually really cool' the freckled girl chuckled.
'Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.' She said, looking at the drawing proudly. 'Now, we just need to colour it.' She said picking up a paint brush and handing it to Max, and then grabbing one for herself. The two girls painted together for a few moments, before Max accidentally dropped red paint on the blondes arm.
'Dude!' She laughed, looking at the paint.
'I'm so sorr-' before she could finish, the blonde drew a big line of blue paint down Max's arm and was laughing.
'Really?' She said, before dipping her paint brush into a random paint and flicking it at the girl in front of her.
'Oh it's on.' She said, taking her paint pot and a brush and flicking some sat Max. Max tried to dodge it but was still hit. The situation quickly escalated into a full on war; the two girls hiding behind tables and getting paint over each-other and their surroundings. They were both laughing and enjoying themselves, Max was surprise at how much fun she was having, and how Chloe felt like a friend, even though they had only just properly met. Without even noticing, the teacher came alongside Max, and before she could say anything, she was hit by a blog of paint, that was supposed to hit the young girl next to her. When realisation hit, Chloe stopped and stared, ready to get in trouble. Max looked at the awe-struck girl, and saw the teacher, who's white blouse was ruined by green paint.
'Girls! That is enough. Principles office, now.' She shouted, grabbing the entire classes attention and causing Max to feel nervous, knowing everyone's eye were on her. Max stood for a moment, before she felt her arm being pulled and dragged to the door of the classroom. She heard whispers about Max, the well-behaved and shy girl, getting sent to the principles office, and with Chloe, the class joker. Once they were in the hall, walking to the principles office there was a silence again, before Chloe began laughing, Max joined in.
'That was so great, did you see her face?' She said between laughing.
'Too bad we're gunna get in major trouble.' The freckled girl smiled.
'Oh well, it's worth it.' The joker said, nudging the brunette.
15 minutes later, the two girls sat outside the principles office waiting for their lecture and punishment.
'Y'know what? You're pretty cool.' The blonde said smiling.
'You're not too bad either, despite getting me sent to the principles.'
'That's just the start of out mischief!' She said, grabbing a piece of paper and writing on it. 'We should hang out sometime.' She said smirking and passing the paper to Max. Max noted that it was Chloe's phone number. Little did the two girls know that this was the start of an incredible friendship.