chapter 2

please ignore how bad the first chapter was, i wrote it at 3am while i was upset over the fact that i'll never be able to date matt dillion.

I sit down with my best friend, Ara San Juan, at our usual lunch table.

We've been best friends since birth. In fact, we actually met in the warehouse where we were built. My dad, Stockton Rush, knew hers, Nordseewerke, because they were best friends in college. They had a little bit of a falling out because her dad cheated on his wife with my mom, but they still let us see each other.

She also dresses very modestly compared to the other girls at our school. Today, she's wearing a pair a wide leg jeans with a tie-dye Nirvana t-shirt (the one with the smile), black converse, and straight, black hair.

"OMG, Titan, look at Carpathia, she is literally all over Titanic!"

I look over to see Titanic with his best friends, Olympic and Britannic, and a few girls, one of them being Carpathia. They were all laughing at what Titanic said, but Carpathia seemed much more into it than everybody else at the table. The way she was smiling, practically sitting in his lap, and playing with his golden hair, it made me feel... jealous? Why would I be jealous? I hate him so much! He's so annoying, he's a player, he's a complete narcissist, he's-

"Titan?" I snap out of my hatred towards him to face Ara. "Titan, you've been staring at Titanic for the past three minutes, you look like you're going to implode!"

I blush. Oh God, I really hope he didn't catch me staring, I don't want him to get the wrong idea...

"S-sorry! I was just th-thinking about how much I hate him! That's all." I reply, silently cursing myself for stuttering.

"Mhm, sure..." Ara teases. God, sometimes I wish that she would implode and sink the the bottom of the Atlantic. This is one of those times.

I give her a threatening glare, she stands down. I go back to eating my lunch, and find Titanic staring at me. He quickly looks away, but nobody at his table seemed to notice, not even Carpathia.

He's definitely trying to embarrass me. He wants to make me believe he likes me so I'll do something stupid for him and he can laugh about it with his friends. Well, no thanks! Not falling for that.