18. Woman

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N," Namjoon called. He looked quite serious. "I consider you as my friend, and friends 'spill teas'. Am I correct?"

The mention of a slang phrase in the middle of his very formal sentence and tone in his voice made me chuckle. "Yeah, that's correct."

"I am willing to 'spill the tea'."

My eyebrows rose in amusement as I sat down on the couch with all of my attention on him. "Interesting. Any drama happened? Spill the tea, sis."

"I am not your 'sis'."

"Spill the tea already!" I said, impatiently.

He sat down. "It is not precisely drama, nonetheless it is something to tell a friend. I require your opinion." I nodded, still with my full attention at him. He took a deep breath before continuing. "I met a woman at work. She visits your market every day and asks me for help."

I frowned. So this is about a woman. Suddenly, the topic wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. "How long has she been visiting?"

"From the time I started this job. However, we started speaking a few weeks ago. She is a very delightful woman." He looked away. "Also, I got her phone number yesterday." He smiled and looked at me to check my reaction. "Is that a good step? I am practicing my informality too to sound normal. Am I good enough? I believe she is the right woman to me. I finally found a woman!" He looked quite happy and I really didn't want to ruin his joy but I had to ask.

"Namjoon, does she know your real identity? Or at least your real name?" I asked, knowing quite well that the nameplate he has says 'Nathan'.

Namjoon looked away, sadly. "No," he mumbled. He looked at me with a hopeful look. "Although I could tell her! I'm sure she will not tell the castle, and even if she tells the royal family it is okay since I found her."

I looked at Namjoon with a sympathetic look. "Namjoon, it's not that easy. If she found you and turned you to the castle then I don't think she's good to trust. She might even just marry you for your money. You should be careful. It's risky to start dating someone when everyone is searching for you. You're lying to your girlfriend. That's not good."

"She is not my girlfriend. We are not dating," he stated. "Nevertheless, I like her." I felt my heart ache at that. Oh no, he'll get blinded by love and he'll get caught. This is not okay. "I will ask her out soon."

Memories of his previous attempt of hitting on women on the streets crossed my mind. "I think you should wait a little. It might be too early for that. Asking her out too early might scare her off, you know? Also, I think you should tell her the truth before you ask her out because you can't start dating while lying to each other. At the same time you can't really tell her the truth because she might snitch." I was clearly panicking and thinking out loud. I had no idea what to say and was just saying shit at this point.

Namjoon frowned. "What? You make no sense."

I groaned. "I don't know, okay? Fix it yourself. Isn't it enough to listen to you?" I say with an accidental rude tone.

Namjoon frowned even more. "Are you displeased with me?" His voice sounded soft and heartbreaking, like he was a child being accused of something he didn't do and treated unfairly.

My eyes softened. "No, no! I- just- I don't know!"

Namjoon looked at me for a moment, studying my behavior and facial expressions, before smirking teasingly. "Are you jealous?" he joked, but I didn't quite catch the joke. "Aaw, Y/N! Do not be jealous, my friend." He hugged me but I pushed him away and looked away. Namjoon looked at me confusingly. He didn't understand my behavior. "Y/N, are you feeling okay? I was jesting, as usual."