Chapter 9

I lay back. I remember that one time me and dad were at a camping weekend. It's was just the two of us. The tent broke and we just had sleeping bags. We looked into the sky.

"You see that one star there. The one that is shining the brightest." Dad says
"Yeah? What about it?" I reply
"When I'm gone and I can't tell you when but when I do go my soul and my spirit will be planted in that star and you can talk to me whenever." He tells me.
"I don't want you to go daddy." I say.
"I don't want to go either princess. But when it happens it happens." He says. "I will need you to be strong for your mommy. Can you promise me that sweetie." He finishes off.
"Yes daddy." I say.
"Good now do you fancy some roasted marshmallows."

"I'm sorry I've not spoken in a long while dad. I've not really had anything to say. I've been trying to hide the fact I'm missing you more and more every day. Mum seems to just not care anymore and me well it seems like I can't care enough. Everything is going wrong dad. How am I supposed to live without you. It's been 2 whole years and I am still not over it. I suppose I should also say sorry. I've not been that strong for mom and lately I have gotten into more and more trouble. Mum says I am just like you. I still can't feel the cold and I've not gone shooting in ages. I really want to but mum says I can't go on my own. I've been called up to the u17 World Cup. I guess that is cool but I don't really feel part of the team if you know what I mean. What am I kidding of course you don't know what I mean. You were amazing dad. Big strong powerful. I'm just me. I've been here less then a day and mum has already shouted at me. I've already cried. And I've already beat some professional player in a 1v1. I want to go surfing again but mum doesn't trust me to go alone. She really needs to start giving me more independence. Just like you did. I've managed to pull of that skateboarding trick though. You know that one you taught me. I finally managed it without help. I hope wherever you are now your happy. With Scooby and grandma. I'm sorry I'm ranting dad. It's just. I really really miss you. I suppose I should let you go now. You know so you can eat grandmas home cooked meals and so you can take Scooby out on a walk. I love you. Bye dad." As I finish talking I lay my head back down on the grass and close my eyes.
"Hey kiddo." I hear a voice say almost 2 minutes after.
"Hi." I say shyly. I don't take my head off the ground but I do open my eyes.
"I'm Ali. What's your name?" Ali says and I can tell she knows my name but I am thankful that she doesn't just go off what my mum says.
"Milo." I say.
"Well Milo I've heard from somewhere that your quite the football player." Ali says.
"I'm alright." I say.
"Any other hobbies?" She asks. By now she's on the grass next to me with her head on the ground as well.
"Surfing, skating, shooting. Anything with a bit of thrill really." I say. "I've not really done those things much lately though." I finish.
"Oh why's that?" Ali says.
"Mums a bit protective of me. The last time I did them was with my dad. He'd give me freedom mum is just.."
"Scared." Ali cuts in.
"Yeah. There's really no need to be scared though. I've done the stuff I do millions of times before." I say.
"Maybe your mum is scared she will lose someone else." Ali says.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Your mum already lost your dad when your dad was doing something he loves. Maybe she is grieving behind closed doors. She's scared so she has became protective." Ali says.
"I guess that makes sense." I reply.
"Hey no promises but I could try and talk your mum around to letting you do your thing again." Ali says.
"What would I have to do for that to happen?" I say.
"Try your hardest to watch that mouth around your mother." She says and I nod.
"Deal." Then I shake her hand.
"You know your similar to my wife. Ali says.
"Ashlyn Harris. No way I am similar to her. She's a literal badass goddess." I say causing Ali to laugh.
"You a fan of her?" Ali asks.
"Was. Well I still am. It's just she's retired now isn't she." I say.
"Want to speak to her?" Ali says.
"Wait legit. No sh-crap." I say changing the word last minute causing Ali to laugh.
"Legit no crap." Ali says and I start nodding.
"Alright let me call her." Ali says and I swear I start hyperventilating.
"Hey babe. Everything okay?" The voice on the other side says.
"Hey ash. Everything's good I have a girl here whose a big fan fancy saying hi." Ali says and I start freaking out.
"I'm always up to meet a fan." Ash says and Ali then motions for me to talk.
"H-hi Ashlyn Harris." I say as I am completely star struck. Yeah I'm a midfielder but I still have all her posters on my walls. At one point she was my phone wallpaper.
"No need to be so formal. You make me sound old." Ash says.
"Well you are." I say warming up to her.
"The cheek!" Ash says and I laugh.
Then ali changes to FaceTime and I swear I die.
"Hey you look familiar. Where do I know you from?" Ash says.
"Uhh- my mum she err plays for Arsenal." I say and ash looks shocked.
"That's why you've got the English accent! Whose your mum kid?" Ash says.
"Melissa. Melissa Green." I say. Ash's face drops.
"MELISSA HAS A KID?!" Ash shouts and I swear my eardrums burst.
"If she didn't I wouldn't be here." I say.
"So you play kidda?" Ash asks me.
"Yea." I say.
"Tell her who you play for." Ali says.
"Arsenal u17 and normally England u16 but I just got called up for England for the u17 World Cup." I say.
"That's rate cool! How old are ya?" Ash asks me. I smirk.
"13." I say and yet again Ash's face drops. I then see her gulp.
"Your 13." She says and I laugh and nod.
"And your play u17s." Ash says and I nod yet again.
"You must be amazing." Ash concludes.
"Well she's good enough to beat KO in a 1v1 so that's saying something." Ali says.
"Shut up." Ash says. And I shake my head.
"No I did a rainbow flick over her head and slotted it in." I say and ash just looks shocked.
"I needa meet this kid."
"And I think she needs to meet you." Ali says.
"What are you saying?" I ask her.
"If it's ok with your mum and only if it's ok with your mum you and ash could hang out and maybe do some surfing." Ali says and a huge smile plasters my face.
"REALLY REALLY REALLY????" I yell getting up.
"Yes really." Ali says.
"YESSSSS!" I yell and start running around.
"REMEMBER YOU HAVE A BROKEN ARM!" Ali yells and I stop running and start laughing.