001: worn with exhaust.

trigger warnings for this chapter:

murder/death, strangling, bones breaking.

Finney quickly paced around the dark and disgusting room, his eyes darted around the walls which were covered in stains as he tried to think of a plan. He was in danger and he knew that, but for some odd reason, nothing felt real to him. He prayed each night that it was all a bad dream and he would soon wake up on Robin's couch while his best friend watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre, that thought was stupid, Finney knew that now. The brunette's eyes lit up suddenly, he had an idea. He immediately walked towards  the phone he'd formally been using to contact the others that were unfortunate enough to have gotten killed.  He stared at it before getting closer, he crossed his fingers in hope that his plan would work, Robin had told him what to do and Robin always knew best. 

He placed his blood soaked miniature rocket on top of the box that held the dial in place, picked up the receiver and held it tight. He turned to face the black door that Finney guessed it had been scratched about ten hundred times, breathing heavily as he awaited the man who took him to walk down those stairs. Then Finney would get his revenge for not only himself but also for the other five who the grabber had murdered unfairly. 

The door creaked open slowly,  filling Finney with dread as he watched in anger. He gripped the phone in his hand, he wasn't about to back down. Finney's eyes grew wide as the door fully opened only to reveal a different man than before, he had a shaggy sideburns with a bushy moustache placed on his upper lip.

"No fuckin' way."
The older said, still pushing the door open so he could fully make sure that it was indeed the missing child from the case he was working on - well, he wasn't working on it but he really did want to help. He looked around the room he was never allowed in, taking in what he had just witnessed.

"I knew he was hiding something down here, but holy Mary, mother of God."

He was scared, they both were. Finney just stared at the other, he didn't know what to say due to how confused and happy he was at the moment then, Finney started walking towards him.

"Please, help. Can you call my dad? Call my sister!"

Finney practically begged, this strange male was his only hope and he needed to get out of this basement. he kept walking closer and at this point the phone was dangling by its wire, twirling in circle motions repeatedly.

"Don't worry, has not here. He had to go into work, I'm Max. Stay- stay calm."

Finney felt as if Max was apart of this too by the way he wasn't running upstairs to call somebody so he took a few steps backwards just in case, his heartbeat was rising by the second.

"Hey, you wanna know the story about how I found you man?"

Max said excitedly but by then it was too  late, Finney saw a figure coming down the stairs behind Max. Finney shook his head while muttering over and over again.

"Hey, don't worry man. We can talk about this-"

SLASH! And just like that, Finney's chance of escaping was axed, literally. Finney screamed and ran to the back of the wall, taking the swinging phone and gripping it even more than before. The grabber took slow steps down the stairs as Max's body fell on the group with a loud THUMP. His breathes grew quicker and louder by every second.

"Look what you made me do." 

There was a silence before the killer followed up with another statement that wasn't true. 

"You made me kill my brother." 

Finney looked down at the corpse, his eyes would've grew wider if they could, "No", He walked cautiously closer, "It wasn't me, I..." Before Finney could finish his sentence, he got cut off.

"He was an idiot." The grabber turned his head in the direction of Max, "But he was my idiot."
Finney was more angry now, Robin was his idiot too but that didn't seem to matter to the adult. The man walked towards his brother slowly.

"I'm sorry, Max. Now I'm going to have to put you with the others." He took a deep sigh after he said this, "Looks like you'll find those naughty boys after all." He leaned down and pulled the bloody weapon out of Max's head.

 Finney's face fell, he backed up completely. By others did he mean Bruce, Vance, Griffin, Billy and...Robin? Finney didn't want to believe it but he had no choice, Robin was gone.

"What's up  with the phone, huh? I told you it doesn't work!"

Albert shouted, walking towards the entrance to the basement, Finney didn't answer. He couldn't think straight, he only had murder on his mind.

"Normally, I  would use a knife." There was an unnerving silence, all you could hear was  the boy's heavy breathing until he spoke yet again.

"But you," He pointed the axe towards the brunette, bouncing it up and down. "Are special, Finney. I'm going to take my time." Finney's breath hitched at this, he was absolutely terrified and hungry, he didn't know if he could actually go through with this.

"I want this to really hurt." The grabber smirked then called on his dog, Samson came barking and running down the stairs. The  sound of a chain could be heard dragging across the wood.

Finney stood still, watching the sick man tie his dog to the handle of the meat fridge Finney had tried to push open earlier. He came back over and picked up the axe, moving forward then swinging. Finney managed to duck it, He scurried to the toilet and just as planned the grabber fell right into his trap. Finney pulled the wire causing him to trip into the hole and break his foot, The boy punched him a few times, with the phone still in hand, before he got a hold of his wrist, pulling him into a not so friendly hug, Albert's arms wrapped around Finney's neck. He couldn't breath, he heard a high pitch ringing in his ear before everything went fuzzy, then to black.