1| A MEETING OF FATE

David Pov:

"Sir, your right hand is injured. We will clean this mess, you please go hospital." My head of security, Sawyer, informed me. I nodded in agreement and settled into the car.

"Take me to Empire hospital." I directed my driver.

After a roughly 20-minute journey, we arrived at the hospital, and I got out of the car. However, I began to feel lightheaded.

I struggled but managed to make my way inside the hospital. As I enter, staff members hurried over to me, bombarding me with questions.

I ignore them and make my way to a VIP room and reclined on the bed. My head felt unusually heavy, and a strong desire to sleep overwhelmed me.

But before I could succumb to slumber, the door swung open, and a young woman, clad in a white coat denoting her as a doctor, approached.

She first saw me from head to toe then started proceeding to cut my shirt's sleeve and cleanse my wounds then start applying medication.

"Fuck!" I cursed as the medicine stung.

"Continue" I instructed as she paused her actions when I cursed. She nodded and resumed her work.

I couldn't see her face clearly because of my unconscious situation, but I felt her touch she gives me goosebumps.

I felt her breath close to my shoulder, her hair grazing me, causing a smile to form on my lips. Finally, our eyes met.

Her eyes like Doll eyes...!

Seeing her eyes reminds me of my doll. Last thoughts came out of my mind, and I went to my dreamland.

Next Day:

I struggled to open my heavy eyelids. After several attempts, I managed to fully open my eyes, finding my mother scolding my father, who is listening with his head bowed.

I couldn't help but chuckle. My mother noticed me awake. She run to me and starts stroking my hair.

"Are you alright, son? Do you feel any pain? Should I call the doctor?" she inquired.

"Mother, I'm fine!" I reassured her.

"David, you're awake! Good, we need to run some tests, and then you'll be free to go home." Ethan, my older brother's friend said.

"Ethan, is he really okay? Nothing to worry right?" My mother asked.

"Aunty, he's perfectly fine, but his right hand is injured, so he needs to take good care of it." Ethan reassured.

Once my parents left the room, Ethan conducted his examination. During this time, my thoughts drifted back to the previous night.

FLASHBACK

I recalled the pivotal meeting for my company's upcoming deal at my club. But my enemies had attack on us.

They don't like this deal to happen because this deal could solidify our hold on the country's financial sector. As we have already number one position in financial base.

I was aware of this type of situation going to happen, so I already planned my "Plan B"

My elder brother, Jacob, had taken my place at the meeting with our clients in another location, as I had informed them that an urgent matter required my attention elsewhere.

As I arrived at my club for the meeting, gunshots rang out. I turned to see a group of assailants, my team quickly cover me and started shooting back.