03

LATER ON THAT DAY
AUGUST 22, 2023
11:58PM

╭┉┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦. I KNOCKED ON ETHAN'S DOOR,
rubbing my palms against my pants afterward due to my nervousness. the door swung open, revealing dd at the door, "yo aja!" he smiled and welcomed me in, "hey, dd." i dryly replied as i looked around the one person dorm room. "nah why you greet me like that?" dd asked as his smile slightly faltered, "nah it's nothing i'm just not too excited to be here." i shrugged as i turned back to him and gave him a side hug, ethan then turned the corner, frowning at me and dd's encounter.

"oh, you here," he mumbled while taking a hit of hit blunt, the odor instantly invading my senses. "yeah i'm here, wassup?" i asked while softly putting my stuff down on his white chair, "okay so, about the trip, the list comes out in like a minute. for one, i wanted to see it wit y'all since we gonna be going soon." he explained, which made me furrow my eyebrows since we were never that familiar that each other to the point where we'd be waiting on a list like it's new year's eve. "right... and why invite me?" i asked without a tone so then i wouldn't start an argument, i was trying to be mature and calm because i was tired and just ready to get back into bed, i have to wake up early and i'm in ethan's dorm in the middle of the night.

"cause' i wanted you here." ethan shrugged, i furrowed my eyebrows and jerked my head back before looking at dd who was trying not to laugh, i eyed him and squinted my eyes, the look on my face asking 'what do you know that i don't?' he only shrugged.

there's something going on here, this environment is suspicious as hell. "why you panicking?" ethan asked, which made me slowly look back down at the man with a blank expression, "what?" i replied before stepping back a bit and looking back at dd. "i said, why you panicking? you looking all over my room like a bomb could explode at any minute, jah." he quizzed as he manspread in the chair across from me and clasped his hands together, "because i don't fuck wit you like that, and you got me in here in the middle of the fucking night like we buddy buddy and shit.." i explained as i turned around to grab my things and leave before dd's voice echoed through the room, "yo the list is posted!" he smiled before looking at ethan, who had a big smile on his face.

i walked over to dd and grabbed his phone, my eyes frantically glided across its contents— i saw my name, next to ethan's..

he always gets what he wants..

"what did you do?" i mumbled, keeping my eyes on the phone, "i ain't do nothing." ethan shrugged before standing up and walking towards me, "no bro, it's already enough that i have to see you every damn day. now i gotta sleep in the same room as you, fuck out my face." i spat before collecting my belongings and swinging the door open, slamming it closed on the way out, this nigga always had me fucked up as i've said before.

and i was mainly upset because i was trying to get over him, and he just makes it harder for me, i've been trying to keep it cordial, and if i couldn't i just decided to hate him. i would say it was selfish if i didn't want to stay in that room him, but deep down i knew it was what i really wanted. i frowned at myself, disappointed that i knew i was closer and closer to giving in, but i refuse— not this time, no matter how many times he comes up behind me and tries to give me a massage, and kisses my neck just to tease me, or tries to hold my hand or gives me flowers with cute notes inside, i will not fold, i made an agreement.

i entered my dorm room with my key before examining the room, seeing jocelyn was asleep, "damn i gotta wake up in a couple hours.." i muttered as i kicked my shoes off, it was cool that we were going to the bahamas and shit but why'd i have to bunk wit ethan? they really get to trippin. i took off my clothes leaving me in a bra and underwear before sliding under my sheets and closing my eyes, letting sleep take over me.