Final Chapter-Caught

I don't know how long I had been asleep, when I woke up I saw that I was in one of the beds with a few machines connected to my body. When the nurse saw me, she told me that I was out of danger, but that she had been very lucky because a few more centimeters and the arrow would have hit me square in the heart.

"Now you just have to rest," she said before leaving.Enid was the first to come and when she saw me awake she gave me a big hug that almost sent me to the other life. She had been crying."And Wednesday?" I asked.-Punished. When she saw that you were in this state, she hit several students because they commented on her.I smiled imagining the scene.-You can call her?"Sure, right away. I hope they let her out to see you.

It wouldn't be long until she came to see me. She asked Enid to leave us alone and she withdrew as she jumped because she had woken up.

"Hello" I greeted weakly.She remained motionless on the spot. I knew something was wrong when I first saw her burst into tears before hugging me very tightly. I stroked her hair while she smelled it, I loved her black rose perfume."Hey, I'm fine now," I whispered.

She looked at me and kissed me sweetly. She asked questions but she didn't know anything, I didn't see my attacker. She lay next to me for a while, saying everything she was going to do to the culprit once she caught him. I caressed her again and gave her a few kisses although she didn't have much strength yet.

—I'd better go serve my punishment, I'm not pissed off anymore. Get well soon—she gave me a kiss and left—I'll see you again soon.

I was there for a few days until I finally got out. When visiting Wednesday and Enid, I was very well received by them. So much so that they were both sticky, Wednesday almost started a fight with her partner when she saw her so attached to me.Without knowing who was responsible, we investigated the files of all the students because everyone in the archery group was in class, someone had to have skills and bingo, we found him. He was a certain Jakins but we didn't understand why he would have reason to attack me. And less, to spy on Wednesday and try to scare her.It didn't help either because although she was always on the lookout, he couldn't do anything since the academy was too big to see everyone.

—How have I been so blind? —Wednesday entered slamming the door and carrying a book."Where did you get..., it doesn't matter, what's wrong?" Enid asked.—Look at this—we both approached to see."Jakins, there was nothing special about that boy until..." Looking at his family tree we could see the relationship."It's Rowan's family," Enid and I said at the same time.

We look at each other with a smile. It had been right under our noses all along.It just so happened that Enid knew where to find him because she followed everyone on tiktok as well as knowing the rumors firsthand. Jakins was tidying up the library at that time, he was passionate about books.

"Hello Jakins," Enid greeted."Hello." He was similar to Rowan, but with darker hair and taller.-What are you doing?"Order the books," he showed her the pile under his arm.-Oh I see. Hey, have you seen Wednesday? —He asked, looking everywhere —he's usually around here."Well no, I thought you'd know where to find it." She is your partner."Yeah, but you know how she is.

Jakins continued to stack the last few books until he was left with none. Enid was still standing there saying nothing and with a smile.

"Is something wrong?" she asked."It happens that you are a wretch" she answered a voice from behind.

When he turned around, there was Wednesday with a cold and threatening look.

-What's happening here?

—It was you, "familiar" of Rowan. Everything fits, students who go unnoticed, Rowan's family and good with the bow—the black-haired woman advanced with a taser in her hand."Hey...what are you going to do with that?""Oh, normally I like to get my hands dirty, but this time I'd rather not."