Chapter 2

An offer

It's the next day, (Y/N) went to the Kawasaki Frontale for a proper farewell ceremony. Karou Mitoma was also rumoured to be leaving for studying first, then football. 

As he approached, (Y/N) couldn't help but feel the intense feeling of nostalgia. The stadium was filled to the brim with fans and friends alike.

And on the giant TV screen that shows the match live for viewers on the top of the stadium, there was written 

'Thank you (Y/N) (L/N) for all these amazing seasons and friendship you have provided us with. Best of luck in Spain.'

(Y/N) smiled softly as he walked to the middle of the pitch, shaking hands as well as hugging his teammates and coach.

 "I wasn't late, was I?" (Y/N) asked sarcastically to which the coach replied,

"Right on time, (Y/N)." He said as some personel came and put down a table covered with a cloth. The club president motioned him to stay there as he unveiled the table, showing a pair of adidas cleats. 

But they weren't any ordinary cleats. These cleats were worth 5 million £ a pair, it was made in Japan with the newest technology which helps the player keep track of his own stats with the help of a chip in the boots.

To say that (Y/N) was shocked was an understatement, he was absolutely blown away, he had only ever saw this boot but never got around to buying or using them because he found it not a necessity to track down your skills every single time you touch a football.

 FIFA always makes world cup cards at least so he knows his standings. Currently being 86 rated at an age of 21 years old.

 "Congratulations, (Y/N) (L/N) on a successful season and career so far. We hope that you can keep on performing well for both club and country. I now hand this to you as a sign of the club's gratitude." The club president said, handing him the cleats.

"You really didn't need to do this, sir." (Y/N) protested but wasn't listened to as the club president insisted that he take the cleats. 

(Y/N) just sighed and took the cleats, knowing he wouldn't win this arguement.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, now we will be playing his best plays for both club and country." The president said as the TV screen cut to the 2016 club world cup.

 Flashback

It was the finals and Kawasaki Frontale were up against Real Madrid. 

The score was 3-1 down for Kawasaki Frontale on the 78th minute with only Itoshi Sae managing to score and  (Y/N) wasn't used as a starter due to the coach wanting to test some things out which failed miserably.

 (Y/N) was just subbed in and immediately impacted the game, he received the  ball and dribbles past the defence, he made an oppurtunity for himself after getting fouled by Sergio Ramos.

(Y/N) took the free kick, he stepped back a bit and started calculating how he should approach it.

 He decided to knuckle ball the free kick. He approached the ball and...

BANG!

GOAL!

80' (Y/N) (L/N)