9.02 » inviting guests

LYDIA'S BACKYARD LOOKED BEAUTIFUL, lights strung up everywhere to illuminate the setting. The reflection of said lights bounced off the pool, adding to the magic of the night. Yet, no one had arrived besides them.

"Please don't leave my side for the entire night," Allison whispered to Magnolia.

"Believe me when I tell you, I wouldn't dream of it."

Allison gave her a knowing look. "So are you going to tell me why you kissed Isaac when you've been crushing on Stiles for years?"

Magnolia opened her mouth to speak, but abruptly stopped when she spotted Stiles inside the house, carrying a huge present. Allison followed her gaze and raised her eyebrows at her.

"I'll tell you later, just know I'm also avoiding said someone tonight."

"Got it," Allison said, shooting her dimples at her. "Let's go get some drinks."

As they walked up to the punch table, Scott and Stiles walked through the doors and nearly collided into them.

Allison quickly saved them from an awkward encounter. "Uh, Jackson's not here."

"Yeah, no one's here," Stiles corrected.

"Maybe it's just early," Scott offered optimistically.

"Or maybe nobody's coming because Lydia's turned into the town whackjob."

"Well, we have to do something, because we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks," said Allison.

"She's completely ignored Stiles the past ten years."

"I prefer to think of it as me not having been on her radar yet," he replied.

"We don't owe her a party."

Maggie shot Scott a look. "She's your friend too, you know."

"What about the chance to get back to normal?" suggested Allison. Scott looked confused.

"Normal?"

"Well she wouldn't be the town whackjob if it wasn't for us."

Stiles sighed as they watched Lydia look around uncertainly.

Scott shrugged. "I guess I could use my co-captain status to get the lacrosse team here."

"Yeah, I also know some people who can get this thing going. Like, really going."

"Who?" asked Allison.

"I met them the other night. Let's just say they know how to party."

Magnolia's eyes widened. "You're joking."

✿  .・゜゜・ ❀ ・゜゜・.✿

Stiles hadn't been wrong when he said they knew how to party. It was finally in full swing, but she and Allison weren't exactly in the party mood. Jackson had come through the doors about five minutes before, and they were already bored of keeping an eye on him.

Lydia stomped up to them, tray of cups in hand.

"You two are my best friends. So you better drink up." She handed them each a cupful of punch and walked off.

Maggie shrugged. "Maybe this is what we need."

Allison focused on the cup in her hand. "It's worth a shot."