1. THE SUN, THE MOON, THE TRUTH

-

-

ZINNIA KEYES. HOME. 1 AND A HALF YEARS AGO

6 days, all it took was 6 days for me to have visible cuts and bruises. I returned from Hogwarts a week ago and my parents already let out all their frustration from 'work' on me. They said they weren't doing well at work. The last few months haven't treated me very nice. I lost my friend Cedric. The news that the Dark Lord might have come back spread like a wildfire. I didn't believe it, of course.

"Zinnia!" I heard a faint voice. I hugged my knees as they were pressed against my chest. "I'm in the yard." I replied back. I waited while I watched the house elf water the plants. "There you are, I've been looking everywhere." I guess my voice wasn't loud enough for her to hear. She kneeled next to me.

"Zinnia, you need to get ready. I want to take you somewhere." Her voice was stern. Even though I was abused. My parents would be nice, sometimes. Why was she stern?

"Ok."

-

One moment I was at home and the next moment I am standing in front of a shabby house with an ambience that screams 'stay away!'. "What is this place?" I asked, afraid. No answer. I am basically being dragged towards the house.

I looked around the house as we were stepping deeper into it. Spider webs and dust is in every corner. At the end of the corridor was a dark room, very dark. Even though the door is open, all I can see is pitch black.

The closer I keep getting the more there's an aura surrounding me, shivers going down my spine. I was standing right in front of the door. "She's here?"

Frozen. I couldn't move a single muscle in my body. Never have I ever heard such a voice even in my  nightmares. I couldn't even think straight. The only instinct in my body was to turn around and run, so I did just that. I turned around only to bump into something and fall. I looked up.

Voldemort.

-

Zinnia Keyes. Hogwarts, Room of Requirement. Present.

I dropped my Slytherin robes on the ground. I opened the vanishing cabinet and saw my black cloak. I draped it around me and put on the hood that covers my face. That git Fenrir had forgotten to put my mask along with my cloak. I stepped inside the cabinet.

Borgin and Burkes. Present.

I stepped outside the cabinet. There is nobody here. Before I apparated to the Malfoy Manor I wanted to take a look around. For the past two years, I had been learning of ways to destroy Voldemort and get rid of the mark on my forearm. So far, I have only learned about the 7 horcrux. Destroying one meant destroying a part of Voldemort's soul, and I wanted to crush him completely.

I saw my Death Eater mask behind the vanishing cabinet on an ugly table. Was that lowlife, Fenrir, fucking with me? I grabbed the mask and put it on. Time to apparate. Time was going faster than I expected and everything kept moving too quick.

Malfoy Manor. Present.

I stood in front of the main door. I lifted my hand to knock but the door already opened revealing Narcissa Malfoy. She was the one taking care of me for the past 2 years. I don't know why she was helping me. My parents were still around but I didn't bother facing those disappointments. Ever since I impressed the Dark Lord and became one of his favourites, they dare touch a hair on my head.

"The Dark Lord has been waiting for your arrival." I nodded.

"My dear, Zinnia." the Dark Lord rasped out in his usual voice. I wasn't afraid of him anymore and he knew that. I never cared to bow or speak a word. I always listened, did my work, and left. "You have impressed me, again." I had fixed the vanishing cabinet. "Whatever I owe you is right on the table, Dear. You are dismissed." He said pointing towards my galleons with his wand.

Of course, I got paid for my work, that too extra. Even Lucius Malfoy couldn't do so much for the Dark Lord. I never did anything, even for Voldemort, unless I got something in return. I grabbed my galleons and walked out of the room.

"Zinnia." Narcissa Malfoy looked at me with eyes screaming for help but an emotionless face. For me, it didn't matter if I had my mask on or not. I never showed an ounce of emotion when I'm working. I can't let myself slip with the risk of any Death Eaters around.

"Come with me." Good thing, nobody was around us..

-

To be continued...