Chapter 1: Family By Heart

You wake up to the irritating dinging sounds of your phone, vibrating your precious slumber which you never usually get. You sit there, still half-asleep, impatiently waiting for it to stop. But it doesn't. It continues to annoyingly pursue it's sounds of the text messages, to the point where you can't take it. You groan loudly and slowly pick up your phone, you were still lying on your stuffy bed, and you're phone was on the dressing table beside the mattress, you lazily pick it up. You turn it on and rub your blurry eyes, until your vision is good enough to see the screen. Wha...08:53?! It's the morning?! You slept for the REST OF THE DAY YESTERDAY?! Ugh, that sucks, you only wanted to take a nap...you hope Sai was okay...You only wanted to sleep for like- 20 minutes! But, I guess you can't do that when your life is so insufferable that you'd rather sleep for eternity than wake up.

You take a look at the text messages...
Oh, of course, they're all from Ruka.

Ruka
Maia
Maia
Maia
MAIA
MAIA
OMG MAIA
MAIA WAKE THE HELL UP
MAIA YOU SLEEPYHEAD
WAKE THE HELL UP
MAIA
MAIA
MAIA
MAIA
MAIA YOU IDIOT
GET UPPP
MAIA
IM GETTING IMPATIENT
WAKE UPPP

She was definitely eager for you to reply. You didn't want to anger her more than you already have, so, you decided to reply.

You
What's up?

Ruka
MY GOD TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH

You                                                                                
Sorry but sleeping is life.

Ruka
Ain't surprised to hear that from you
Anyway
Is Sai up?
I'm literally DYING of boredom
I'm heading to Onji's place, would you two wanna come over with me?

You
Well I know Sai will so sure
Is Danon coming too?

Ruka
Of course you care if he's coming
Anyway I think he is
I'll ask him

You wait patiently for Ruka to text again. You and your friend group were so close, literally like family, you couldn't go a day without seeing each other, you all have known each other for so long, they were the only things keeping you up. Your bond is unbreakable, they mean the world to you, you'd be fine as long as they're by your side. And so, you all made plans to see each other every day, to the point where asking if you can see each other is normal, saying 'wanna meet at ___' is the most normal phrase you hear every day. You love your squad for that, and you always will. If they were to leave your side, you wouldn't hesitate to end your life. They're the only light to your ruined world.
Suddenly, Ruka starts texting again.

Ruka
Danon said he's coming
So, what'll it be? You coming with?

You
Of course I will
I'll see if Sai's up and we'll head there ASAP

Ruka
Sick
We'll wait for u, cya Mai-Mai

'Mai-Mai' was a nickname which most of your friend group gave you, it was a childhood thing.
Anyway, you put your phone back down onto the dressing table and shakily stood up out of the bed you spent over 8 hours in somehow...
You reach the floor and decide to get your outfit out to get changed...and, surprise-surprise, of course you slept in your clothes AGAIN!...And, so, your red flower was still in your hair, oh god, what if it got bent?!
You quickly sprint to the mirror, trying not to make any loud footsteps in case Sai is still asleep, and look at your reflection in panic.

Oh, thank god! The red flower in your hair seemed in good condition, what a relief...
That flower was the only memory you have left to grasp of your parents, the only faithful fracture of hope left to remind you of them, if anything were to happen to it, it would break you, more than how much your parents situation has broke you already.