Prologue

Clarissa's POV:

It was three months since the drunken night when I gave my virginity to my 14 best friends, whom I have loved for almost 5 years.

 The next morning was one of the most terrible moments in my life to see all of them say that they did not love me in that way and had only seen me as a best friend. 

They wanted us to forget the night and pretend as if it never happened, and I said ok to it. They were shocked by my agreement, but I was not ready to lose my best friends. 

It was the month after that they introduced me to their girlfriend. Her name is Sang. She is a 17-year-old girl with blonde hair and green eyes. I was heartbroken to see the people I loved to look at a girl with so much love but I was happy for them to find their love as well.

It was after a few days that arguments started between us with misunderstandings and mostly accusing me of doing something to their girl. They did not believe me or even ask me what happened. But every time one of them accused me Sang watched with glee in her eyes and a devious smirk. 

I then understood that she wanted them for herself and wanted to get rid of me. But every time I forgave them for not believing me. 

So here I am in a hospital shaking to see the reports showing that I am 3 months pregnant. I was having nausea and dizziness for a few weeks and decided to have a blood test but this was not what I expected. But I am happy and wanted to say the news to their fathers and my best friends.

I don't know how I managed to talk to the doctor or how I came out of the hospital or how I drove the car to the Blackbourne mansion. I was still in shock as I opened the doors to the mansion but settled after seeing the familiar place and realized I should at least inform the news.

"Hey guys" I called out after closing the doors and moving to the living room only to be met by a slap from none other than my best friend North Taylor.

The slap sent me stumbling to the floor and I protectively wrapped my stomach with my arm. The taste of blood in my mouth and the ringing in my ears confirmed I was not hallucinating.

I looked up holding a hand to my cheek to see all my best friends having anger on their faces and Sang smirking. A tear dropped and rolled down my cheek but I wiped it away to not let them see.

"What the fuck?!!, North" I exclaimed still in shock but stood up stumbling and grabbing the chair for support. "Why did you slap me, North?" I asked.

"You have the right to ask why I slapped you after you beat Sang like that?" He yelled. It was then I noticed the bruises on Sang's arm and face.

"Do you have the proof, North?" I asked calmly after understanding the situation. "No, but Sang said it was you. So why did you beat her?" This time it was Brandon who answered it.

"Will you believe me if I say I did not beat her?" I asked. They stayed silent and it was all the answer I needed.

"I understood. How long have you known me, Owen?" I asked the head of the family. He frowned but answered my question "8 years" 

"And how long have you known Sang, Axel?" I asked the second head of the family. Instead of answering, he yelled, "What do you need answers for just tell us why you beat Sang?"

"ANSWER ME, GODDAMMIT" I yelled at him. "4 months" Kota replied. I nodded and said, "So, you are going to believe your girlfriend for 5 months over your best friend who was there with you for 10 years?" They all stayed silent again. 

"Why? What did I make you not believe me anymore?" I asked them. "You said to Sang that you slept with us and that we all belong to you only and that we all are yours," said Marc.

I was shocked, to say the least, and tears sprung in my eyes to see that all of them believed her over me even though they knew me. "Just because we had sex with you after drinking does not make us your men. You were a burden for all of us from the start. You just clung onto us so we bore with you but you have no right to beat the girl we love like that." said Owen.

His words were a knife to my heart stabbing repeatedly when no one voiced against him. Just as the bleeding heart became cold. I put on a blank face and stood straight as the blood poured out from my mouth but I just wiped it away. They had a look of remorse but just covered it within seconds. 

I decided that they were not going to know about my child. I don't want them to have my child as a burden as well. "I did not think that the famous Blackbourne Toma team was foolish enough to believe anything that can be said without proof. I have been with you all those years yet you are here accusing me of things I wouldn't do. Who was the one that sat with you all night while you were busy preparing for exams, Kota?, Who was the one that consoled you and let you have a shoulder to cry on when one of your patients died, Sean?  Who was the one who was with you when you were bullied for your sexuality, Corey? Who was the one who convinced Papa to help you both to build your own garage, North? Who was the one who convinced Papa Alek to let you be here with your brothers when he wanted you to take his place, Raven? Who was the one who brought you food when you were too busy to eat, Owen? Who was the one who was with you the whole night when you had nightmares, huh?" I yelled at each one of them.

 When they did not respond, I continued "It was me. I was the one who was there with you at every moment of your life for the past 8 years. I was the one who understood you, fought for you, fought beside you. You have known me all these years yet you were going to believe a girl who was with you for less than 6 months. I was happy knowing I had a family out there to help me whenever I needed them. But I did not know this was all just a front for you and I was considered a burden in your hearts. Well, then I will relieve you of this burden and will never come before you. But just so you know I was not the one who beat Sang. It was nice meeting all of you and thank you for helping me create good as well as some of the darkest memories of my life. Goodbye, Mr. Blackbourne, Mr. Toma, and family." 

They were shocked after my revelation and Sang's face was so happy which they did not notice at all. I just turned from them and got out of the house into the car and drove to the hospital to the only person who could make me better. The words 'burden' rang in my head throughout the journey to the hospital.

I jumped from the car after parking it and went towards his office and opened it. He and the other person in the room looked up from the papers they were working on to see my face with tears streaming down. They both bolted from their chairs and I ran towards them and hugged them close. I cried out on their shoulders and decided and said

 "I want to leave, Dad." 

So here starts my story. Oh let me introduce myself I am Clarissa Grey Roberts 18 years old, adopted daughter of Dr. Phil Roberts, pregnant, heartbroken, and betrayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, lovelies,

Welcome to my new story. I am very excited about this one.

If any of you do not like Sang's character then avoid reading it. She is mainly the bad character so if you don't want to ruin your image of Sang, I suggest you avoid this book. 

Have a nice day and great reading. Also, let me know how you like the book.

~SnehaReddy080