Chapter 3: The Reunion

"Addy...."

I looked over to my side and Elijah held a defensive pose. His hand on his gun and my brain wasn't focusing on the people in the door frame. All I could focus on was my daughter in my arms and the IV still stinging of medicine pouring throw my viens. I couldn't focus or gather any of my thoughts till my eyes landed on that once beatufiil man I knew. He was wearing black slacks that hugged his legs; a belt solid black and a black shirt with the buttons undone at the top. His dark hair was curled and his green eyes looked like he hadn't slept in months. For the first time in 5 months I saw my finacee in front of me. His eyes focused on the little girl wrapped up in the hospital blanket. Nothing could come from my mouth as my eyes locked on his for the first time in 5 months.

"Adeline." Grayson whispered. "Is that our daughter?"

"Stay back. She doesn't want you here." Elijah said.

My mind wandered with thoughts on what to do because I didn't know he was this close to finding me. I only knew he was in town and red was close by. My brain couldn't function or pull words out to save my skin. I didn't know what to do. I was only 18 with my baby in my arms and the man I loved in front of me. But he wasn't just the man I loved anymore; he was the man that threw away everything we had, the man that believed my own father and left me without a second glance. I didn't know what to do but at least I could bring him peace just for a moment because Adriana was right he deserved to know his daugther even if I still hated him for what he did.

"Hi Grayson." I whispered.

"Adeline I've been looking everywhere for you." Grayson said.

Elijah still had his hand on his gun and Grayson while focused on me still had his eyes on Elijah. Red stood in the doorway with his gun in his eyes. i knew if I didn't say anything my once perfect hospital room would turn into a bloodbath.

"Red would you do me a favor and take your hand off of that weapon in front of my daughter." I said.

"Yes Adeline if he lowers his."

While me speaking to Red Elijah had pulled his weapon out and had it aimed right into Grayson's chest.

"Elijah put down the weapon. How dare you try to make this room into a bloodbath." I yelled.

"Adeline you don't want him here why are you yelling at me?" Elijah exclaimed.

"Put the weapon down now and go into the cafe with Red. This moment and don't make me ask again." I yelled at him.

"Understood."

"Cmon champ I think these two need a minute to themselves without you." Red said.

"I'm not going anywhere without Adeline." Elijah yelled.

"Elijah."

I looked at him with anger in my eyes that this was not a reltionship issue this was a business issue at the moment.

"Fine I'll leave." Elijah said angerly.

As elijah and Red walked out the door the bigger issue stood in front of me with worry still in his eyes. He looked angry and defeated. But most importantly he looked upset. His heart looked broken. I motioned for him to sit in the chair that Elijah once sat in and he followed the command I laid out for him. He sat in the chair and just stared at our daughter in my arms. He didn't say anything but his eyes gave his thoughts away. It was like he couldn't do anything but jsut focus on what was in my arms.

"Grayson I'm assuming you came here to see her."

"I did. I've been looking for you for months Addy. You just disappear without a second word and leave a note for me that you don't want me to come find you."