2| METTING MR. SMITH

Adeline Pov:

I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at the clock while streching my arms.

"It's 9 AM. What? What the hell? No... no I woke up late. Adeline quickly gets up your ass from bed and get ready and leave for the hospital." I muttered to myself, feeling a surge of panic.

In haste, I rushed to bathroom and complete my morning routine, then quickly dressed.

(Adeline's Outfit)

(Adeline's Outfit)

With my keys in hand, I locked the door and made my way to my car, starting the engine. The drive from my house to the hospital typically took about 15 minutes.

At the Hospital:

I found myself in my office, engrossed in reviewing patient files when my phone suddenly rang. "Oh, it's the sir" I murmured to myself before answering the call.

"Miss Martin!"

"Yes sir?"

"In room 303."

"Yes sir!" I replied and he promptly ended the call. After a minute of walking, I reached the room. I knocked and opened the door, only to be taken aback by who was inside-

Mr. Smith?

He is sitting on the bed, and I remained frozen near the doorway, unsure of what to do. I swallowed hard when our eyes locked.

"Miss Martin, you're here." Sir said, snapping me back to reality.

"Yes sir," I replied, my mind racing with confusion and apprehension.

"I called you here to treat Mr. Smith!" Sir said and a shiver run through all over my body. Why again?

I had already treated him once before and I had no choice that time as there is no other doctor available.

But now, why was I here again?

"Miss Martin?" Sir called out me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yes sir," I replied, my anxiety palpable.

"Now, get to work." Sir instructed, leaving Mr. Smith and me alone in the room. I face palmed myself, trying to control my emotions, and went near to him.

"Mr. Smith, good afternoon!" I nervously greeted him.

"Good afternoon, Miss Martin." He responded with a husky voice that sent shiver down my spine. First time in my life, I hear his voice in face to face.

I was initially taken aback because he had never responded to anyone's greetings before. But I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

"Mr. Smith, could you please remove your shirt? I need to examine your injury." I request as he is wearing a full sleeve shirt.