17: Jealousy

And there Yeonjun who doesn't have a little idea of what's happening, he's hopping and teasing Minji since morning to lift her mood up.

"Ahhh go away, let me do my homework", she complained.

"Choi Yeonjun only listen to them who asks him cutely", he giggled but she rolled her eyes.

"I'll complain Ms. Lee about you copied my homework"

"I know you won't", he chuckled and snatched her pencil and hold it high. She literally had to jump still she couldn't reach it.

"Yahhh return my pencil"

"No! First you ask me cuteeeely", he teased only to get smack on his arm.

"Ouch!"

"Why are you disturbing her Yeonjun", both of them turned to the voice only to see Esther looking at Yeonjun with folding her arms.

Minji instantly turned her face away.

It's been two weeks they started dating officially and it's also been two weeks Minji became quiet oddly.

"Wae? Ask her first to smile and talk with us like before, she's being too boring nowadays", Yeonjun said.

"Just give my pencil back", Minji said starnly but Yeonjun teased her showing his tongue.

"Give her back", Esther told and went to Yeonjun and looked at him straight, "Don't annoy her", she pursed her lips. He felt his cheeks heated up at the closeness that his hand loosened and the pencil fall on the floor, which Minji quickly picked up and about to go away, but Esther hold her wrist.

"Please don't do this", she said.

"Do what?", Minji rolled her eyes.

"We're worried about you, don't be sad, whatever may the reason is, you should forget that and be happy", Esther smiled.

Minji doesn't know if Esther knows about her feelings towards Yeonjun or not but she felt Esther is teasing her which made her hate to grow towards her.

"I appreciate your concern but I don't think you have to worry 'bout me", she pressed her lips to make a thin line and went away.

Esther quietly saw her and faced Yeonjun who was still confused about everything. She hold his hands which he let her to do and took him away from the class.

Minji saw them. Whatever she told Esther but she's sad, still hurt.
----------------------------

"What happened Esther why did you brought me here?", Yeonjun asked confusedly.

"I-I", Esther leaned towards Yeonjun, he's still, "Wut?", He asked looking at her eyes.

"I like you so much Yeonjun", she said softly and leaned closer, Yeonjun gulped and closed his eyes.

When their faces are inches away she spoke, "Why are you too worried about Minji when she doesn't want you to disturb her?", Esther sighed fanning his skin as she about to place their lips together,

Yeonjun turned his face away.

"What?", she asked.

Yeonjun looked down as she hold his hand. He sighed before saying,

"She's my family you know"

"What? Why?.. you have your own family and she's just a friend and-", She couldn't finish as Yeonjun cut her off,

"She isn't just a friend Esther, you know my family never cared for me, they're always busy with their business, they simply gave me their card and asked me to spend it with my need. That's all. You told this a family!! What type of family is this!"

"But-"

"I'm not done. I met Minji when I was five, her family became my family", he said softly as he remembered, "when I was sick it wasn't my parents who took care of me, it was her and her parents, and many reasons I can give to prove she isn't just a friend... I can't ignore her you know b-"

"But she doesn't have her parents now, so how she-"

"That's why she needs me more, she's alone and you know that. I can't understand why are you talking this now?"

"Yeonjun", Esther cupped his face, "I want you to care for me more, after all I'm your girlfriend-"

"YES YOU ARE! And I'm not denying it but I can't ignore my best friend because of you", he yelled a little making her flinch.

"Y-Yeonjun"

"I'm sorry", He softened his voice thinking how much have tried but Esther can never understand how Minji meant for him, "I care for both of you and", he cupped her cheeks, "Like you're my girlfriend, she's my best friend", he smiled and kissed on her forehead and went away.

Esther has changed. She's changed. She felt jealousy that she never felt. She felt insecured, why? Because of Minji? But she's his best friend. She's afraid, she doesn't want to break her friendship with her. . .

••🥀••Drop some votes my dear readers

••🥀••
Drop some votes my dear readers.
I'm thinking to upload more chapters in this week.