Chapter 20 - Xander is not wrong.

I had thought about this question ever since he came back with me after the wrist incident

I had thought about this question ever since he came back with me after the wrist incident. I was very attracted to him, and that kiss was the best one of my life. The past weeks were good, I got to know him better, in some ways he reminded me of Rick. But yet he was different, in a good way. The thought of leaving him hurt physically, but is that the bond that I feel? I saw him nod "I understand Victoria, you don't need to explain it to me."

"No Owen. I was just thinking for a moment. It's not that I have that much dating experience, if I say yes, it's permanent. I'm attracted to you, I even like you. That kiss Owen__ it was the best kiss of my life." I whispered the last part.

"I'm pleased to hear that you don't have that much dating experience. Neither have I." I frowned hearing him say that. "Victoria, we have a mate out there, most of us wait for that perfect person. I left when I was 18 and came back broken. My mind wasn't busy with that. I hate the idea of having my first kiss and not even remembering it."

"Oh!" my eyes went wide.

"So, Victoria, what are we going to do? Because honestly, our bond is becoming stronger with the day and the longer we wait to reject each other the harder it will be for me and Leon. I don't think I can take that."

I took a deep breath "I want to stay, I feel something. Probably not what you are feeling but I do feel something. I feel the little sparks when we touch, I feel safer when you are close and your scent makes me feel calm, loved and alive."

"Good, I'll try to give you time. Can you tell me more about our kiss?"

"Maybe I can show you?" I whispered against his lips before I pressed mine against his. I wanted to make this a special kiss. Maybe he would remember our first kiss. I placed my hands on his shoulders before I wrapped them around his neck. He pulled me closer, and I opened my mouth to deepen the kiss but then the door was thrown open and we pulled apart startled.

"Good! You are still alive princess. It was so quiet." Logan laughed followed by Aubree.

"Sorry, I tried to keep him out as long as possible."

Logan growled at her playfully and pulled her on his lap. "What are we doing tomorrow?" Logan asked.

"I'm meeting Miguel."

"What? Are you crazy? You can't meet him." Logan barked.

"I will be with her the whole time Logan. She is safe."

"I don't like this princess, I'm coming too."

"No, Logan" I muttered.

"Come on, we need to go training or Ben will drill us." Aubree said and pulled Logan out of the room behind her.

"I should go too." Owen said.

"Okay, I'm going home. I need to take my painkiller anyway."

"Good, see you soon" he gave me a kiss on the head and walked away.