𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ

A/N: Comment and vote, loves! Nearly 9,000 words for ya! This chapter is pretty vanilla, but the REALLY kinky shit will be coming soon, just gotta hold out for a little longer 😉

CW: Smut, oral sex (f-receiving), fingering, DOM James! Degrading and praise kink.

~

Fluttering open her eyes, Zaya felt the bright light from the sun beaming in through the window. Her cheek rested on the silk pillow, taking in the scent. The smell of a man that she met only last night. How stupid she was for caving as she did, only to realize now the reality setting in that she had been cheated on. Nate took advantage of her and how much she loved him. Sure, things weren't the same as when they were younger, but it still was her first. He was her first, and it ended in a second.

Zaya had to bear the harsh reality of everything. She had to end it with Nate today, go get all her belongings from their apartment and break up with him. She felt the sobs creeping into her throat, and quickly stifled them.

She turned over to notice him gone... James was gone. Nowhere in sight and that uneasy feeling crept back up on her.

Thankfully, a clattering sound in the kitchen made her have faith that he was still in the apartment and hadn't left. She rolled over and spotted the time on the nightstand clock. 10:30 AM. Zaya took a deep inhale and tried to breathe through it, not wanting to cry this morning. She could hold it until after she broke up with Nate—just a few hours.

Sitting up, still in her silk set, she fluffed her hand through her bouncy curls, her natural ringlets now back to their original pattern. She always curled her hair for the club into the 50s style of wave, but when she showered and let her hair air dry, she had a natural 2c loose curl.

Placing her feet onto the floor, she could hear the faint hum of music in the distance, she looked over at the dresser, finding her clothes from last night neatly folded, and the room was now spotless. Her brows pinched, and she walked out of the bedroom, wandering into the hallway toward the central space that resided downstairs.

She stepped down the stairs and held the railing carefully as her feet made their way to the kitchen. Her eyes examined the art in the space before she found James at the counter. He was dressed in a white button-up with black slacks, a black leather belt surrounded his waist, and the white cuffs of his shirt were rolled up and unbuttoned twice at the top. Her eyes were transfixed on him, his long dark brown, almost black hair falling into his eyes, even though the majority of it was pulled back into a bun at the nape of his neck. His tattoos were visible on his forearms and chest as he chopped fruit.

Zaya trekked quietly off the final step, and his gaze snapped to hers. Their eyes met, and she smiled softly. James placed the knife on the cutting board before wiping his hands with a nearby rag, looping around the counter, and approaching her.

She stepped toward him, and as soon as their chests met, he cupped her face. His thumbs caressed her cheeks, tilting her jaw to look into his eyes, smiling softly and examining her briefly before leaning in close to kiss her. Melting into the kiss, Zaya brought her hands up into his hair, tugging gently at the roots before he pulled away.

"Good morning," his eyes flicked over her face again with his hand running into her strawberry curls. "I like these," he brought his fingers through the silky strands.

"My natural curl pattern," she whispered.

He nodded, having figured that out.

"It's stunning," James kissed her temple, wrapping his arm around her waist and leading her to the kitchen counter. He leaned in close to her cheek and smiled gently, whispering next to her ear. "You're stunning."